Old V3 Batlab clothes fitted to V4 and Genesis 1, and 2

Many years ago Batlab made his Killy Outfit for V3 and Aiko 3.

How would I go about re-fitting the Killy Outfit onto V4 and Genesis 1 and 2 models? I did a web search and found a Daz Forum post wherein someone mentioned that re-fitting clothes to different model versions was one of his favorite things about Carrara, and that it was rather easy to do.

I would be interested in learning how to do it in Carrara, rather than in DazStudio.

I attached 2 images of the Batlab Killy Outfit. I purchased it on sale, a long time ago and still have the download archived and gathering digital dust.

Killy Suit R2 for V3 A3 a.jpg
800 x 800 - 138K
Killy Suit R2 for V3 A3 b.jpg
800 x 800 - 181K

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,076
    edited November 2019

I use clothes converter myself between the pre-genesis figures, its been frequently on sale for $5 or less.

https://www.daz3d.com/clothes-converter-4-0

V4 stuff can be autofitted to genesis1 in Carrara.

later figures you need to use DAZ studio and save it as a support asset.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Are there any videos on how to do this, in the style of the Cripman videos? I may have missed some in my web search. Maybe Cripman did a video on this. I have saved so many video instructions for various CG programs that it's time I do a serious indexing of them.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406

This pack includes clones to autofit generation 3 clothes to Genesis 1: https://www.daz3d.com/gen-3-iconic-shapes-for-genesis

• Retro LadRetro Lad Posts: 471
    edited November 2019

Hmm, Thanks ... I will have to look into this, and read some Forum posts on the "clone" technique.  I bought a good number of V4 and A4 character models years ago and some M4 and Hiro 4. I am debating whether to skip the whole Genesis family from version 3 up, and just stick with my V4, etc, models.

One big annoyance I discovered is that the "fix body" packages, such the Perfext Body series, and maybe Overhaul, do not work in Cararra for fixing Vicky 4 bend troubles. Maybe that has changed,

Post edited by Retro Lad on