Trouble reloading morphs

Marmalade BoyMarmalade Boy Posts: 103
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi there-

I am hoping someone can assist me with a very annoying issue. I read the WIKI entitled "Rigging: Modeling Against a Genesis Shape" but I cannot reload the morph. The document clearly states the below:

"Select your Morph Target figure from list. This list is populated with all of the Gene Pool shapes you currently have installed, including your own custom shapes. "

However, I cannot locate my saved custom shape. I am trying to create a costume for Banshee of the X-Men.

1. I created a custom figure in Daz
2. Saved it as a Character preset
3. Exported an .OBJ to 3d Coat…sculpted, and exported various maps
4. returned to Daz and used the transfer utility tool to rig but custom character is not
listed in the morph list
5. As the morph was not listed, I selected current for the item shape

Is it because I saved it as a Character preset? How do I save it as a full body morph for genesis and get It listed in the morph list? When I try to reload the morph, I don’t know what the internal name is because I have lots of morph loaded on my Banshee character.

I searched the web but everywhere I looked states that you must use a figure and or morphs (EX: the genesis figure or a figure with nothing dialed up.)

However, this document clearly says it can be done. I know I must be doing something wrong and would welcome any assistance you can offer. I spent about 3 weeks sculpting this darn thing and would really like to see it completed and not have all that hard work go to waste.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,161
    edited December 1969

You aren't creating a morph, you are creating a new figure. To create a morph, as long as you don't change the vertex count and order of the OBJ, you bring it in with Morph Loader pro, using the preset you used to export the OBJ, you adjust the rigging if needed and if you do you use ERC Freeze to link the adjustments to the morph, then you use File>Save as>Support Asset>Morph to make the morph available to copies of Genesis you load in the future.

• Marmalade BoyMarmalade Boy Posts: 103
    edited December 1969

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the quick response. I used morph loader pro and it says it was loaded successfully but I believe I am missing a step. I do not know what to rename the morph, the internal name. I assume this is the main source of my problems.

Please see the attached images.

1. What it should look like with the normal map
    2. The rigged item with the normal map (the differences are not as bad with this one but it is worst with the gloves and boots.
    3. Options for morph loader pro
    4. The options I can alter
    5. Indication that it worked but the suit still is not fixed.

5.jpg
    553 x 543 - 33K
    4.jpg
    553 x 543 - 77K
    3.jpg
    553 x 543 - 71K
    2.jpg
    547 x 620 - 28K
    1.jpg
    520 x 590 - 26K
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Hi Marmalade Boy, sorry to reply you late.

now I checked pm,:down:
    then Richard has more and more knowledge about daz studio , so I think I may not help you much,,

he said you did not create morph, you made new figure. (I think so too ,but why you use morph loader pro?)

you want to make new morph for your costume?

or you want to reform your costume (which now fit to the shape of other morph for genesis)

to which can fit to genesis defautl shape, by reverse deformation of transfer utiltiy?

I can not clealy what you want to, so if you have not solved the problem yet,

what you did, and what you want to do, step by step please?

(I am sorry, I often misunderstanding quesiton, and other people may hepl you more easily ^^;

but you can do same thing what I have done and wrote on this forum, so, what you want to do?)

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited July 2012

Ok , I read the tutorial and, I can understand what you want to do. maybe ^^;..

but I can not find where you made mistake.

1 you made shape morph for genesis did not you?

it is your handmade morph for genesis, so you need save it as morph too.
    eg "Rez_vanshes_shape.dsf"

if you save it as morph, you can use it ,
    “Select your Morph Target figure from list. This list is populated with all of the Gene Pool shapes you currently have installed, including your own custom shapes. “
    when you make the clothing for genesis, which can fit to your morph shape and genesis shape..
    2 you have made the clothing buy transfer utiltiy,
    then you saved it as figure or prop. "Rez_vanshes_suits.dsf".
    of course you had saved the shape.obj
    eg "Rez_vanshes_suits.obj" which fit to your "Rez_vanshes_shape"
    but your suit is not so fit to genesis orignal shape,
    so you want to correct the shape by modeller?
    load "Rez_vanshes_suits.dsf" fit to gensis shape,
    then send it your modeller with genesis original shape .
    then you change the shape which perfectly fit to genesis,
    save it as another name, "vanshessuits_for_gen.obj"

then import "vanshes_suits_for_gen.obj"
    . and use transfer utility again,
    copy the rig and morphs from your saved figure(costume) or genesis.
    3 now your clothing fit genesis, but this time, it seems not fit your morph "Rez_vanshes_shape",,
    (auto fit seems not follow well your shape?, )

so you want to change the morph of your clothing ( which auto followed )?

(it seems better to check this video tutorial I think.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-SKYTOkVo4&feature=relmfu

I do not know what modeler he used in tutorial, but you can understand
    clearly how to use moprh loader and overwritte moprh which transported to clothing what you want.)

then you just import, "Rez_vanshes_suits.obj" which fit to your "Rez_vanshes_shape"
    by morph loader pro, to dazstudio?

you must set the morph name "Rez_vanshes_shape" (whici is morph name you made),
    then "Rez_vanshes_shape" can be overwritten by your "Rez_vanshes_suits.obj"
    (it means you overwrite "auto followed morph of your costume, when you change the genesis shape by your morph)

and I lost one important option. this time you need not make new morph for your clothing, just overwritte it,
    so you should choose the option, "overwrite existence" .

not "make unique" change the option value to "delta only".

and if you have problem, tell me where you missed, or you can not do well. ^^

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • Marmalade BoyMarmalade Boy Posts: 103
    edited December 1969

Thanks kitakoredaz:

I have given up on this and decided to try it another way. I will let you know how it works out.