Shoe fitting problem (PARTIALLY SOLVED)

reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,140
edited January 2014 in New Users

Is there a way to get these shoes designed for V4 to fit my V5 figure?
After some fiddling I am usually able to get V4 stuff to fit V5. In this case I don't and have ran out of ideas.

As you can see the problem here is not a smoothing problem. The foot Is impossible (at least for me so far) to fit into the shoe. Rather the figure stands on them. No bending of the foot helps since the shoe will also bend.

The item is Arrin Noemi High Heel. (Not bought here at Daz).

Anyone who has any ideas what can be done?

EDIT: The figure in the pic is Genesis but it looks the same on V5.

Arrin_Shoes_error.jpg
900 x 1200 - 141K
Post edited by reserv888 on

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Try this I had a problem like that also http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/35141/ hope this helps ...Trish

• reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,140
    edited December 1969

@bullit
    Thank you for your reply. I will try some of the options in your thread. The hiding option is not a solution though since the shoes are open.

edited December 1969

@bullit

Now i have tried the rigging option from your thread too. Don't know if you have tried that one but it seems that option is not available since neither the shoes nor the V5 are based on the required "TriAx Technology" (whatever that is).

More ideas would be most welcome.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I am sure Trish will see your reply, but just to answer the Triax thing... Triax is the new rigging system for Genesis and Genesis 2, older figures, like V4, M4, V3, M3 etc etc do not have this.

V5 is a morph of Genesis, which IS a Triax weight mapped figure. The shoes made for V4, if they are 'figures' and not props, will NOT be Triax.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,633
    edited December 1969

Unconform the shoes, pose the feet, and use transfer figure rigging. Then reconform the shoes. Full instructions:

http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/art/A-Reminder-on-Autofitting-Shoes-to-Genesis-2-412985230

This says "Fitting to G2," but the same trick absolutely works with V4 to G1.

edited December 1969

@SickleYield

This might be a really dumb question, but will I need "Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female" when I try to fit the shoes to Genesis/V5? Or can I skip that?

edited December 1969

reserv888 said:
    @SickleYield

This might be a really dumb question, but will I need "Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female" when I try to fit the shoes to Genesis/V5? Or can I skip that?

Nope, not if you're fitting to G1. You need V4 for G1, though.

edited December 1969

@JimmyC

Ok, now I don't get that "TriAx"-error message anymore, so now I can do the rigging thing. The only thing I did was to restart Daz Studio...

edited December 1969

@SickleYield

Next dumb question. I can't find any "V4 for G1", neither in the Marketplace nor anywhere else. The closest thing I can find is auto-fit, and if that is what you mean then, yes I am using it. Otherwise I would be most grateful if you could provide me with a link or a hint where to find it.

I am following the instructions in your link, to the letter (The only thing I can't do is to choose "Footwear" whan I autofit. The only option I have is "Boots>BootsThigh".), but everything collapses when I try to refit the shoes to Genesis. The shoes just jumps out of place and it looks like in the starting pic again.

My hope is now that there actually exists a separate "V4 for G1" file...

I am very grateful for yours and everyone elses efforts to help.

edited December 1969

If you have the option to choose "Victoria 4" when you do Autofit, you already have it. Otherwise:

http://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I think Autofit comes with the clones for V4, M4 and K4 anyway as standard. It doesn't mean that you have the V4 iconic shapes for Genesis though

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,550
    edited December 1969

I think Autofit comes with the clones for V4, M4 and K4 anyway as standard. It doesn't mean that you have the V4 iconic shapes for Genesis though

That's right, the base Genesis has the V4, M4 and K4 UVs and clone shapes

edited December 1969

That's right, the base Genesis has the V4, M4 and K4 UVs and clone shapes

Oh gotcha, my bad!

So you don't need the product to convert, looks like. I get lost on these details because I have to have every official morph anyway.

edited December 1969

Ok, if I summarize it would be something like this:

This SHOULD work:
    1. Load your pair of shoes.
    2. Autofit to G2F. Choose the appropriate clone, V4 or Genesis, and Footwear or Full Body (depending on if very high boots).
    3. It autofits. The feet probably poke through if it's a high-heeled shoe.
    4. Unconform the shoes (fit to--none) but leave them in the scene.
    5. Pose the feet of G2F to fit inside the unconformed shoes. Move the thighs if you have to, do whatever it takes.
    6. Now go to the scene tab and click G2F, then ctrl+click the shoes.
    7. Click on the small Options button on the upper right of the scene tab and choose Edit--Rigging--Transfer Rigging (figure space).
    8. Now fit the shoes to G2F again. They now should fit properly.
    9. Not mandatory, but adding smoothing and collision through edit--geometry--add smoothing modifier can also help. Set it to generic instead of match base shape if you have issues. Edit--apply push modifier sometimes works better if smoothing causes distortion (set it down to .1 or so instead of the 1.0 it loads at). V4 clothes were not made to work with smoothing and sometimes their geometry will fight you.

But, for me, everything works according to plan until #8. When I refit to Genesis the shoes jumps out of place and I am back at the exakt position I had from the beginning.

What can be done?

edited December 1969

UPDATE

I bought the V4.2 bundle. I get the same problem with V4! She is standing ON the shoes rather than IN them.

Now I am very puzzled....

edited December 1969

Is there a foot fit pose, or and INJ pose that will reshape the feet to fit the shoes? That was quite common with Victoria 4 content.

edited December 1969

@Richard Haseltine

Yes, there is a foot fit pose. After use of that pose the V4 is still standing ON the shoes.The feet angles have changed, but the shoes angles have also changed, so not much was won.

edited December 1969

You are applying the pose just to V4? Does it describe itself as an INJ pose or just a fitting pose or the like?

edited December 1969

@Richard Haseltine

The instructions (see below) just says: Choose V 4.2, Apply to V4.2 a pose file "!1! Feet_Pose For V4". OR you have the choice to pose the feet manually.
    - In the first case (where I use the pre made pose) the V4 just stands ON the shoes (as in the pic in my first entry).
    - In the second case (where I pose the feet manually) the shoes just bends with the feet.
    - I have tried to unfit (fit to None) the shoes, bend the feet manually, and then refit to V4. The result is exactly the same as when I tried to refit them to V5. I am back at the beginning and the V4 stands, again, ON the shoes.

There is no INJ file. The file mentioned above is a PZ2 file.

Here are the instructions from the vendor.

FOR DAZ STUDIO:
    -------

01 Unzip the zip archive Arrin_Noemi_High_Heel_Shoes_V4A4G4S4Elite.zip to your DAZ\Studio\Content
    or Daz 3D\DAZStudio3\Content directory. All models and textures zipped to load to your
    DAZStudio content\runtime directory automatically.

02 Unzip the zip archive Arrin_Noemi_High_Heel_V4A4G4S4Elite_DSPatch.zip to your DAZ\Studio
    or Daz 3D\DAZStudio3 directory. Patch load to your DAZStudio content\runtime directory
    automatically.

03 Load Victoria 4.2.

04 Go to library "content\Figures\Arrin_Noemi High Heel V4 A4 G4 S4 Elite".

05 Load "Noemi High Heel" and conform(Fit to…) them to V4.2.

06 Select V4.2.

07 Go to pose library "content\Poses\Arrin_Noemi High Heel V4 A4 G4 S4 Elite".

08 Apply to V4.2 a pose file "!1! Feet_Pose For V4".After that, foot will adjust to shoes.
    Or adjust V4 manually:
    Righ foot - Bend: 25
    Left foot - Bend: 25
    rToe - Bend: -40; Twist: 11
    lToe - Bend: -40; Twist: -11

edited December 1969

And you are using the actual Victoria 4, not the Victoria 4 shape for Genesis?

edited January 2014

@Richard Haseltine

I certainly hope I'm using V4. That's my intention. Just to be sure I've made screenshots.
    1. Clicking this
    2. Getting this
    3. Resulting in this (the pic is after all vendor instructions are done)

I suppose I am using V4... ?

EDIT: The pics uploaded in reverse order.

Clicking_this.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 856K
    Getting_this.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 772K
    Resulting_in_this.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 730K
    Post edited by reserv888 on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited January 2014

Yes the DAZ forum software, for some reason, uploads images in the wrong order.

Anyway, from what I see in the 3 screenshots, you did, in fact, select V4. Then you selected V4 and loaded the shoes into the scene. The resulting screenshot however, shows that the shoes are still selected. In order for the foot pose to work, you would have to reselect Victoria 4.2 in the Scene Tab and THEN apply the foot pose.

I don't have that particular pair of shoes, but I do have another of Arrin's V4 shoe products, and that's how I get the shoes properly fitted and posed to V4.

Hope that helps some.

Post edited by Miss B on
    edited December 1969

@Miss B

Thanks for your reply.

I am using the foot pose on V4, not the shoes. I have just clicked on the shoes to zoom in.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ONCE the Shoes are Loaded have you checked to see if they are FIT TO V4? I'm just asking as I have not read the full thread yet. But often Shoes need Fit to after load. Even once the Pose is applied to the Figure.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    ONCE the Shoes are Loaded have you checked to see if they are FIT TO V4? I'm just asking as I have not read the full thread yet. But often Shoes need Fit to after load. Even once the Pose is applied to the Figure.

Oh, yes I have.

edited December 1969

reserv888 said:
    @Miss B

Thanks for your reply.

I am using the foot pose on V4, not the shoes. I have just clicked on the shoes to zoom in.

Then this is very odd, as I have not had that problem with Arrin's other V4 shoes, or any vendor's shoes that have a foot pose option for that matter. I can't imagine what's causing it not to work. ~shakes head~
    edited December 1969

MBusch came up with the solution in another thread. Here it is.

1. Load V4
    2. Load Noemi High Heels
    3. Fit Noemi High Heels to V4 (if not fitted on load)
    4. Apply “!1! Feet_Pose For V4” on V4
    5. Select Noemi High Heels on Scene pane
    6. Expand the Noemi nodes on Scene pane
    7. Select Noemi’s rFoot and lFoot nodes
    8. Dial bend to -25 in Parameters pane
    9. Voilá!

It doesn't solve the problem 100% with fitting the shoes to V5. That takes a lot more fiddling, but it is doable, with a lot of patience.

Thx again MBusch.

edited December 1969

Glad to hear you got it worked out for V4. Jaderail was correct about the Fit to V4. I keep forgetting that not all vendors set that up so that the shoes, clothing (or even hair) is already fitted to the character. I just assumed that was the case since I haven't used the set of Arrin's shoes I own in a while.

• Similar problem with G8M boots to a G8F, always coming up offset.... but Select the footwear, General>Misc>Fit To Mode> Auto Follow Transforms and then make the transform adjustments. This was a big headache for me but SOLVED. 

• Please forgive the ancient threadchromancy... I have read the "fit to" procedure works for fitting hair and clothes to G8. However, would this process work in the opposite direction with newer content to older figures? Would it be problematic in terms of clipping or bends? Example: you notice you don't have many stand-alone shoes for generation 4, but you have several for Genesis/generation 5 and onward. So you do this for say, Aiko4 with Karth's homeslipperzz.