How can I do small adjustment of the geometry after rigging? (in a modeling app)

vintorixvintorix Posts: 220
edited December 1969 in New Users

When there are no obj file maybe it can't be done?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You save as an Object File and then Edit in a Program like Hexagon or your favorite modeling program. Keep in mind if to ADD to the original mesh or take away from it you will need to re-rig the item. But if all you need is to Pull/Push the mesh you can do that and then reload the edited mesh. Your work can then be added to the figure as a Morph to be used whenever you need it.

• vintorixvintorix Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

Thank you. So that's how you do it ok fine with me. To add something to the geometry is very common, to add detail to armor for example. That is easely done if you have an external obj! But I expect that here is where "geografting" comes in. I have to look into that next.

edited July 2012

It really all depends on what you wish to do to the Object. If you give an example of what you wish to do I'm sure you will get many answers to help you do it the fastest and easiest way possible.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

ok that's nice very kind of you! But you know, "One fool can ask more difficult questions than ten wise men can answer" ;)

edited December 1969

Naw!! Just ask right here and If I can not help I will find the other users that can. I know most of the Helpers and how to get them to help. Even if you have to BUILD a item and Rig it I know who can help.

edited July 2012

Jaderail, "Even if you have to BUILD a item and Rig it."

That is the only thing I do all the time! :) (Making cloth I mean)

Post edited by vintorix on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,161
    edited December 1969

If you need to replace the geometry after adjusting the rigging and weight maps, you can use the Transfer Utility to project the rigging from the old version of the item to the new OBJ.

edited December 1969

Thank you, that was a very valuable tip. It is not going so well...:(

When I fit the cloth to the model my geometry gets totally destroyed..in Poser rigging never changes the geometry as long as the model is in zero pose!

edited December 1969

I finally found it out how to do it, how to rig a morphed figure. Here is the procedure in case of there is other noobs out there who want to know. ;)

Step by Step:

1) Make the initial rig with the Transfer utility. Check "Reverse Source Shape From Target". Now you have V5 and the cloth posed and rigged.
    But its ugly.

2) Set the morph dial back to zero (Genesis pose) and export the cloth item for fixing.

3) After the fix, import the new version and do a new rig (this time "Reverse Source Shape From Target" shall be unchecked). Pull the morph dial back to V5.
    Better but still not good enough.

4) Use the Morph Loader Pro to override the FBM with the original geometry (with the same internal morph name FBMVictoria5 in the case of V5). You need to shrub the morph dial a bit for the change to show..
    Voila!