What is the state of the Facial Morph export functionality via .FBX

LumenVoxLumenVox Posts: 19
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I am sorry if this question has been answered a hundred times but has a process of exporting "genesis" characters with morphs injected been worked out so that I can export ALL morphs I wish over to an external program like Maya or Motionbuilder without having to do this all by hand in the external applications.

I asked this many months ago and this was apparently a bug but I have seen nothing come across to Maya other then a very basic set of phonemes shapes and one or two facial expressions. In order for the FBX exporter to really be functional this feature has to be resolved but perhaps I am not aware of the "fix".

Could anyone tell me if this has been remedied and there is a process now to get all facial morphs out into either Maya or Motionbuidler? This would be a wonderful thing. Any comments are tremendously appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Comments

• dtammdtamm Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Its fixed in 4.5

• LumenVoxLumenVox Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Is it fixed for FINAL release or is it additionally fixed in the RC? I am currently using the RC with the same issue resulting.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the information but if this is fixed then how can I carry across any morph i select. I don't want it baked but I want the control translated over in the .FBX export. How is this supposed to now work with 4.5?

• dtammdtamm Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

The general answer would be to create a morph rule which "exports" as opposed to "bakes" any slider you want to be a morph. Or BlendShape as FBX and Maya term them. The following link has pretty good instructions for M3. You probably want ".VSM" => Export as your rule for Genesis.
    - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2801/

edited December 1969

Thank you SOOOOOO much! This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for and this gave me everything I needed. I really appreciate it!