Strange issue with the coalition armor with autofit

JI94JI94 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I just recently got the coalition rapier armor and i wanted to apply it onto my genesis figure. I used the autofit tool to load the armor and it all worked fine, until i set a light and pressed render. It said their was a memory issue and it needed to close. So i did that and i also changed the light to a different one and it did the same. I then tried it on the michael 4 base i have with both lights and it worked fine. I've used autofit with other Michael 4 and Victoria 4 products on my genesis figures and i haven't had this issue before, why the armor??? Please help

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,341
    edited July 2012

Have you got smoothing on?

How much RAM do you have, 64bit or 32 bit

Post edited by scorpio on
  • JI94JI94 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have 32bit and i dont know if smoothing is on or not

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,341
    edited December 1969

I'm also still on 32 bit, you will run into memory problems. One thing that helps is to save the scene, and then reboot DS load the scene and then render.I can't render at big sizes.

I loaded in the armour and autofitted it added a distant light and a uber light, it rendered ok.
    The only tthing I can think of is the smothing
    Select a piece of armour go to the parameters tab and look for Mesh Smoothing under general, if thats there smoothing is turned on and takes up more memory.

edited December 1969

okay i autofitted a piece of teh armor onto my Genesis figure, however their is no mesh option when i select it in parameters

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Try Auto-Fit again and see if the Smoothing option is checked. If it is Uncheck and try again. You won't get a the smoothing function showing in the Parameters Pane when using the Autofit tool with Smoothing turned on in the Auto_fit tool.

How much RAM have you got?

edited December 1969

i finally got it all figured out, i figured out how to get the mesh smoothing tool activated finally, so i should probably turn it off then?