Rendered Artifacts

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Can anyone tell me what causes these? I'm using uberenvironment with distance, point and spotlights

artifacts.jpg
456 x 603 - 81K

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

That's a new one for me. Sorry I can't help.

While we are waiting fir someone who can help, i take this is DS4 if so what version?

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

That's thought to be caused by Deep Shadow Maps in some not well understood cases. You should file a bug report and attach your scene. Nudging very sightly the camera fixes this (or replacing Deep Shadow with raytraced shadows).

edited December 1969

Thank you ReDave.

I don't use Deep Shadow maps often.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Yes, it's a known issue that sometimes occurs with UE and Deep Shadow Maps. As ReDave said, changing the camera position slightly or using RayTraced Shadows is the work-around.

edited December 1969

Thx mike, in the filing cabinet it goes.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I've seen it happen before, usually around hair. It's as if the render engine is trying to read something below the hair and it screws it up. I saw it first with the Tanya figure and the Goddess jewelery applied when I was rendering this image:
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2332999

There were no shadow maps, just ray traced shadows. The headband that comes with the jewels seemed to be the problem... but I've not seen it till now.