Four arms for Genesis skin options

spswaffordspswafford Posts: 179
edited December 1969 in New Users

Besides Bar Soomian and Triclops (by RawArt), and the default skin is there a way to use other skins that were not made for the Four arms morph?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067
    edited December 1969

Not without manually converting them I'm afraid. You could in principle make an alternative UV set for the arms to take the arms maps of the base figure, then edit to deal with the seams and complete the chest using a copy of the mat but it would be a lot of work.

• spswaffordspswafford Posts: 179
    edited December 1969

I'm guessing shaders would be the only other option besides skins?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067
    edited December 1969

Possibly, though even with a procedural skin you'd have the issue of getting the edges to join smoothly.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405
    edited December 1969

Raw Art once mentioned in another thread that the Four Arms product has a UV that is close to, but not the same as, the V4 UV. Some skins with the V4 UV work pretty well, some don't. My avatar has the light skin from Raw Art's Daisy May & Macy Day. The skin from his Medolian works about as well, too.

The image I attached uses the Daisy May skin on the left-hand figure, and one of Dariofish's Xenoskins on the right-hand figure. The problem is obvious on the blue-skinned fellow. I think the same problem exists on the other one, but the weird area is so light that it's almost impossible to see; I can live with it like that. One possibility is to put up with the odd-looking area with some skins, and use creative posing to hide it. I've thought about trying to model a four-armed shirt (assuming I ever develop enough skill...), which would certainly hide the problem, but then collision, if needed, could be a problem, since the shirt couldn't collide with Genesis and Four Arms simultaneously.

The best think I can think of to do is just go through the skins you have, and see which ones work well enough for your purposes.

Four_Arm_Skin_Test.jpg
    1562 x 1244 - 224K
  • VLERENVLEREN Posts: 20
    how did you made that joints of 2 extra arms this much realastic ?
  • VLERENVLEREN Posts: 20
    how this joints are covered ?