Adding existing content to DAZ4

Georgie-0Georgie-0 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I've used DAZ3 for years and thought to give DAZ4 a second chance. I have some much content installed in DAZ and Poser runtimes but I can't get how to install it all and make it work without starting over. Its all on the same computer btw. Anyway to add the content and make saved scenes work and find the content correctly?
thanks

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Add your content paths to the content paths of DS4. Just like in DS3. You can even import DS3 Catagories if you set up your files that way.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

To add the paths to your DS3 content, go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, and add them under Content Sets in BOTH Daz Studio Formats AND Poser Formats. Make sure the path ends with the Content folder, and not a sub-folder of it for DS3 content. Make sure that the Data folder for DS3 is also in that Content folder, or your saved scenes wont work properly.

Post again if you have any problems.

• Georgie-0Georgie-0 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Great, that was the trick, I needed to add them as BOTH poser and DAZ content. Now I can load figures! Could you briefly tell with the way I set this up, can I use the left side content window? Everything is on the right that I added and the left seems to just show pre-loaded stuff? Am I missing some functionality?

thanks for your help!

edited December 1969

I am not sure what you mean here, as I don;t use the default studio setup. Everything will always appear in the Content Library tab, but only items that have associated MetaData will appear in Smart Content, and even then, only when the ContentManagemetServer (CMS) is running as a process in Task Manager.

Smart Content relies upon the CMS to populate that pane, but the Content Library pane reads it from the disk for any folders that are declared as DAZ or Poser Formats in the Content Directory Manager.

• rowanscoprowanscop Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

I am not sure what you mean here, as I don;t use the default studio setup. Everything will always appear in the Content Library tab, but only items that have associated MetaData will appear in Smart Content, and even then, only when the ContentManagemetServer (CMS) is running as a process in Task Manager.

Smart Content relies upon the CMS to populate that pane, but the Content Library pane reads it from the disk for any folders that are declared as DAZ or Poser Formats in the Content Directory Manager.

Okay, I'm showing no Smart Content (DS4 Pro 64bit) and task manager shows no CMS running. Suggestions as to how to fix this? How do I get CMS to run?

edited December 1969

Go to your Start Menu > All Programs > DAZ 3D > Content Management Service, and you should find a way to start it in there. See if that works. If not, you may need to uninstall the CMS and then reinstall DS4P to get the latest version of it. It does not uninstall automatically with every new version of DS4.

• rowanscoprowanscop Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Thank you! I'm having issues with DS3 (crashing on final render after hours of work and refusing to open the saved file) so I'm trying to learn DS4 though I terribly miss my Dreamlight lights! The less basic issues the better. I don't want to give up and just quit DAZ and move to Poser.