Hair Issue

thebertthebert Posts: 22
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm having a hair issue with some of the hair products for genesis. I'm trying to put two figures into a scene with the same hair. Here are two images, first is image with two figures and only one has hair. I click on the hairless figure and add the hair. loads and asks me if I want to replace or not, I select do not replace and the second image is what i get. two figure in the same space. So how do i do this. Its no just the one hair product I'm showing I've tried others some worked and others did the same thing.

Thanks

test02.jpg
1010 x 955 - 87K
test01.jpg
1010 x 955 - 142K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Are you using DS 4.03.47 or DS 4.5RC2? Can you list some of the hairs that do this -- I don't own Beautiful Black Hair?

• thebertthebert Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

I'm running 4.0.3.47 64bits

edited December 1969

I'm not getting that. What is your "Replacement Management" setting in Edit > Preferences > Content Library? Can you go through your exact steps with one of the hairs that's included in DS4, e.g.:
    Load Genesis
    Translate to the Right
    Load 2nd Genesis
    Select 2nd Genesis
    Load Aldora Hair
    Select 1st Genesis
    Load Aldora Hair

edited December 1969

Try Hampton Hair. Two figure, add hair and they come together

edited December 1969

Afraid I don't have that one. Do you move the first Genesis and then load the second with the 1st unselected? Which one do you apply the hair to first?

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

I commented on this a few days ago in another thread.

What is happening is that the Genesis you are applying the hair to is being "fit to" the other Genesis in the scene. In the Parameters tab, go to General->Misc->Fit to for the Genesis yu put the hair on and change it back to none. Your Genesis will then be put back in the position and pose it started with.

It shouldn't happen, but it's a simple enough fix.

edited December 1969

Yes, But I think I found the issue. Both Hampton and BB are hr2 and not dsf files in Smart Contents. So are they truely working correctly with genesis or do I need to reinstall them or is there something else I need to do for each to work on two figure and other hair.

edited December 1969

Historical Curls is also an .hr2 file and it does not do this. Once the hair has been applied and you change the "Fit to" back to none, then there shouldn't be any more issues unless you load another copy of the offending hair.

Hampton and BB are the only products I've seen this happen with - but I don't, by any means, own every hair product out there. None of the gen 3/4 .hr2 files I have do this so I don't think you are in any danger of having to worry about this for all hair products.

edited December 1969

Its happenings with Vicky 4.2 also with BB. I've not tried Hampton so far. I'm also see the both are parenting the head and are listing inside the figure tree of items in the scene. back to work now. I'll play more later with it. But right now both BB and Hampton are Hair products I can't use :down:

Thanks guys and gals

edited December 1969

Well, you got me there. I'm not having any issues with the gen 4 characters with either of these hair products.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851
    edited December 1969

You mentioned 'Smart Content' which means your using the CMS, try working without it and see if the same thing happens. Close DS, and stop the CMS either in the start menu or by ending the process in the task manager, restart DS and use the Content Library tab (Smart Content will be empty) to try and recreate the problem.