Photorealisitc skin thread

This discussion was created from comments split from: Tynkere Carrara FAQ scrapbook & other things.

Comments

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,227
    edited February 2019

Realistic skins are not one of my main areas (I'm normally into NPR), but others such as magaremoto have been getting excellent results https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4353841/#Comment_4353841

Did a basic comparison of G2F with a base skin and Ringo Monfort's DP Victoria 6 Carrara Shaders which have a nice Subsurface Scattering addition to the shaders https://www.daz3d.com/dp-victoria-6-carrara-shaders

Other users who enjoy working with Photo-Realistic are welcome to update the render settings !

thx Bunyi, this my latest effort to get good results using Philemo's PBR shading model on a G3 skin; it's pretty intuitive and gets fast renders, investigating yet though

11.jpg
    1380 x 1920 - 401K
    Post edited by magaremoto on
    edited February 2019

another try, added SSS map and ambient occlusion; normalization in post

39.jpg
    1380 x 1920 - 384K
  • another try, added SSS map and ambient occlusion; normalization in post

Very nice. Did you use the fast SSS provided by the PBR model?

I loaded the sss map into the sss scattering channel and assigned a reddish color to the sss color channel of your PBR lighting model smileyyes

• I loaded the sss map into the sss scattering channel and assigned a reddish color to the sss color channel of your PBR lighting model smileyyes

It's the way I also do it. When no SSS map is available, I use a 5% value.

Have you tried the sheen effect ? With a small value (0.2 or 0.3), it simulates a peachy skin effect.

•  

It's the way I also do it. When no SSS map is available, I use a 5% value.

Have you tried the sheen effect ? With a small value (0.2 or 0.3), it simulates a peachy skin effect.

Sorry, you don't have it. It's in the development version on my computer indecision

edited February 2019

ok thx for your time on carrara

anyway as you can see in this image  I get a decent soft sheen effect by tweaking the PBR reflection channel (albedo color blueish); moreover playing with the AO channel I can tweak the hue of the skin to obtain a likely mulatta

bravo Philippe, it seems to have almost a C release 9 laugh

41.jpg
    1380 x 1920 - 325K
  • Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited March 2019

My take with v4 ranger with Elite Katie material.

I still have to work on the hair, but I'm satisfied with the skin.

Shoulders are a bit weird, but it's how it's in the initial material. It looks the same whatever the settings I do.

KatieBridge.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 867K
    Post edited by Philemo_Carrara on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Skin specific posts split onto there own thread as they were tending to be derailing the original thread somewhat.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,429

Would be nice to see a tutorial for the lateset plugins for skin realism, very nice results being obtained !!!