About the VWD Cloth and Hair Plugin.

I asked this in one discussion with no replies :(

I really want to know since I'm about to begin animating a short film and the most frustrating thing is with the clothing. This is what I asked:

I have a question before I decide to purchase the VWD Cloth and Hair plugin. All I see are Daz propertiary models like Michael and Victoria, etc. I don't work with Daz models. I use my own models for my proyects. The question is: Is this plugin work with any other rigged models? I want this for Carrara since I have plans to make an animated short film and the problems I have is with the clothes."

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,079
    edited February 2019

it works with anything

the only limit is mesh density, it only likes fairly low poly mesh

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited February 2019
    No problems. If it animates in Carrara, it will work with VWD. I think Diomede has some experience on the subject. The only thing is that you will have to specify the surface for the hair as there is no presets for your model. But it will work eventually.
    Post edited by Philemo_Carrara on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135

Yes.  I modeled and rigged this character in Carrara.  The work suit is a custom model using VWD.  This was just a test so I made no attempt to optimize the settings.  You can also create custom models and rigs and use "fit to" if you attach the mesh to the bone skeleton and create the animation groups in the correct order.