Cannot load g3M or g3F

Hi I have searched forums and my own various notes but coudn't find an answer.

I installed G3 essentials via DIM but nothing shows up in smart content.

I then downloaded and manually installed to another directory which carrara can find and shows the files ok but clicking on G3F people I get the old Carrara "Error Occurred "

I mainly wanted to see what  the lipsinc might look like with this version of Genesis which I believe has more facial morph. Maybe there isn't a dmc file anyway ?

Appreciate any advice on loading  and if anyone has experience with G3 lipsinc would be glad to hear it.

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,429
    edited February 2019

For G3 and G8 Misty (Mystarra) is our resident guru who has made them available for Carrara.

If you search for Janette and Johnathon Carrara by MistyLaraCarrara over Renderosity you will find an answer to the G3 usage in Carrara.

For G8F https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/180916/beta-g8f-carrara-preset

For G8M https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/193901/g8-male-beta-carrara-preset-up-freestuff

Note that the fix for G8F has a bit of a toe problem.

Use of G3 and G8 will also need to use Blended Weight conversions for clothing and hair.

Clothing and Hair for G3/G8 will need to be converted to blended weight in DAZ Sudio. http://carraracafe.com/?s=carrarActor

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

G3/G8 are not supported in Carrara, although,.. Misty has a solution available.

I'd advise not using G3/G8 ,.. if the manufacturers cannot be bothered to add support for these figures, i don't see why we should spend any time on them

I can't offer any advice on lipsync,,  since i don't use DazStudio,. but that would be the only place you'd be able to work with genesis and mimic

there should be a DMC file available with the starter essentials,.

also, as far as i recall,. the genesis figures HAVE to be intalled into your main Daz3D library,. that should happen automagically if you're using DIM to install.

In Carrara,. if you have Mimic for carrara,. you can create as many (Visemes) facial poses or expresions as you need,. (saved as NLA poses) whether thye're linked directly to Phonemes or not.

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626

Thanks for your replies which have confirmed my fears - I probably should have known it ! 

There is dmc for Genesis and G2 as well which work in Carrara Mimic. I now know what to delete - anything to do with G3+ and never think about them again. 

Thankyou all again

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

typos in the nodes cause the default figure loads to crash carrara.  the presets works around the typos, in addition to the alt weight mapping.

It would be soo simple for daz to just correct those typos.  but they deleted the mittens. and basically ... slammed the 

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971
    edited February 2019
    Mystarra said:

typos in the nodes cause the default figure loads to crash carrara.  the presets works around the typos, in addition to the alt weight mapping.

It would be soo simple for daz to just correct those typos.  but they deleted the mittens. and basically ... slammed the 

Misty... without your character-substitutes for G3, I would have been totally screwed.  I work with them all the time in Carrara and they never let me down. They can wear all the stuff made for them as it's so easy to do the clothing/accessory conversion in DS to make things wearable.  I long gave up on G2... they are massive file bloaters. G3 has amazing facial bones whcih are really expressive.  I have not played with G8... know you sorted them,  (see my sig line)  too, as I am happy with G3 and just wanted to thank you for all your hard programming work.

Many hugs!!  heart  Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Mystarra said:

Misty... without your character-substitutes for G3, I would have been totally screwed.  I work with them all the time in Carrara and they never let me down. They can wear all the stuff made for them as it's so easy to do the clothing/accessory conversion in DS to make things wearable.  I long gave up on G2... they are massive file bloaters. G3 has amazing facial bones whcih are really expressive.  I have not played with G8... know you sorted them,  (see my sig line)  too, as I am happy with G3 and just wanted to thank you for all your hard programming work.

Many hugs!!  heart  Silene

Glad to help!

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626

Well thank you  Misty. It seems I may have to explore Genesis 3 & 8 again.

Off topic a bit but '3dage' mentioned

"if you have Mimic for carrara,. you can create as many (Visemes) facial poses or expresions as you need,. (saved as NLA poses) whether thye're linked directly to Phonemes or not.

Thing is,loading up individual NLA Visemes is a bit of a pain. Its Possible to modify a .dmc file but cant figure ot how to save it. Any suggestions?

Why modify ? dmc's  contains too many morphs. Animators reckon you need perhaps only five or six.This I think would remove the "jittering" we get in Carrara

Alternative is to delete all "minor" viseme clips generated by mimic. There are usually heaps of them but can be removed fairly quickly and improves the animation- makes it easier to refine as well.

But a modified dmc file would be nice to have ready for Mimic to analyse.  Comments would apply to any character of course.