Timeline creating frames by itself

edited June 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

For the second time now I've had a scene ruined by the timeline moving without me noticing. I start setting up props and suddenly I realize I'm looking at frame 299 instead of 1. If I move to frame 1 all the props will be re-arranged.

I can solve this by forcing the timeline to a scale of 299, so there is only one frame. So my questions are:

- Can I delete the other 298 frames that are useless ? and how ?

- Can I stop this from happening randomly without me knowing ? and how ?

I'm using DS 4...47 pro x64.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Post edited by phcriado_50d0961ab5 on

Comments

• edited June 2012

As far as I know, you can not delete frames at random, only at the end by typing in how many frames you want. This does not really delete them tho, and if you have keyframes in those, they will still interfere a bit. I've never had the timeline move on me without me knowing. Sure, I have forgotten that I'm not on frame 0 or whatever, but never had it move on it's own. Maybe you set up a shortcut key that you forgot about. What I do for such cases where I forget about being on frame 1, is I set up a shortcut key for Memorize Selected Item(s) Pose, which is page up for me. So, I just hit page up, and move to frame 1 and then hit page down, which is my shortcut key for Restore Selected Item(s) pose. I then delete the original keyframe. To me this makes it quick and easy to fix, plus, I use those shortcut keys ALL the time.

Post edited by omedhue_196e22b81c on
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

I don't do much animation so I haven't seen this happen. However, I do have a couple of things to do / check / try...

1) Go into your edit > customize and remove all the various shortcuts for the timeline so you cannot accidentally put it into "play" mode.
    2) Go the last frame, select the item on the scene tab, switch to the parameters tab, press CTRL+C, move to the first frame, press CTRL+V, repeat for each item.
    3) Keep the timeline visible, maybe you can see when it happens and track down what's causing it...

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

There is this script by Casual: https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjretimeanimation
    You can also save pose presets from the last frame then redo the scene and apply the presets at frame 0.
    Be sure to move around the scene using the Perspective Camera, not the Camera 1 etc. The latter ones will record keyframes of their position and thus cause the timeline to increment its count.