Duplicate ID?

madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi there.

I just installed the latest release candidate for DS 4.5. I did a straight install over my previous DS4 installation. I also just started using Genesis. Everything seemed fine. However, when I load 4.5, I now get warnings about 'Duplicate IDs.' This happens when I load the program, when I try to load some figures, and at other times. I also wasn't able to open the brand new Genesis V5 scene I had just saved with DS4. The figure loaded, but was horribly distorted. I was able to load up a new figure and save it, but I am still getting those duplicate ID warnings.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,166
    edited December 1969

Are you sure the error on load is Duplicate IDs and not Duplicate formulas? The latter is fixed by updating some of the morph sets -see the FAQ. As for the IDs error, that can be fixed with a free script (see list of free scripts, in my signaure) or by downloading the updated version of the affected files (most DAZ content has been updated).

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Reset and reinstall your Genesis content. There were lots of "errors" that the previous DS4 versions ignored that aren't ignored by 4.5.

The distortions of previously saved Genesis figures are a PITA, but hopefully it'll be resolved in the next RC.

Kendall

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

I'll take a look at all of that later today and see if any of it fixes the issue, sounds like it will. Thanks for very!