What is Interactive License???

I don't use 3D character that in the shop,the license limit me using the characters created by DAZ3D in the game? or characters created by DAZ3D can only be sold in the store?

Comments

• Chohole said:

I can't find any links to buy licenses for this software. Is the interactive license for DAZ 3D studio?

• The Interactive Licenses are for content - each piece has its own license. Daz Studio does not have or need an interactive license (the various content packages that come with DS do, however, have Interactive Licenses that must be purchased to use them as 3D assets in a game - subject to the terms of the license). If you use DS on content you created from scratch then you can use it as you like.

• The Interactive Licenses are for content - each piece has its own license. Daz Studio does not have or need an interactive license (the various content packages that come with DS do, however, have Interactive Licenses that must be purchased to use them as 3D assets in a game - subject to the terms of the license). If you use DS on content you created from scratch then you can use it as you like.

'the various content packages that come with DS do'   

Does this include the Genesis 2/3/8 start Template? or these templates need buy licenses?

笑脸 Thank your reply

• Yes, the Starter Essentials would each need an Interactive License for use as 3D data in a game.

• Richard Haseltine said:

The Interactive Licenses are for content - each piece has its own license. Daz Studio does not have or need an interactive license (the various content packages that come with DS do, however, have Interactive Licenses that must be purchased to use them as 3D assets in a game - subject to the terms of the license). If you use DS on content you created from scratch then you can use it as you like.

Hi, I am new. Is the interactive license only if you are using the 3d models for games? 

• Hello. The Interactive License  is that also applicable when one wants to use one of the DAZ bought assets for a FILM project? And May I ask if one is using another animation engine like3d studio max or Maya to aninate the bought asset would this Interactive License still apply? 

I dont see anyone mentioning the use of the bought cg assets  for film projects ever mentioned so I just want to be clear about this addition possible cost linked in the form of an Interactive License for each purchase?

• A film is - usually - 2D and pre-rendered, so that would require only the standard license granted on purchase.

The tool used to render or pose makes no difference - the license is for the content, regardless of how it is used or modified.