I have some pretty basic questions here, please help!!!!!

edited December 1969 in New Users

I just would like to get some answers for a few basic questions I have.

1) Can I use the models I buy here royalty free for commercial purposes like image rendering, animated movies and video games?

2) How can I export the models to other software like 3D Studio Max, Maya and Blender without loosing the textures, armature and animation information?

3) What's the easiest way to export from Daz 3D to import later to 3D Game Engines like Unreal, Cry Engine and Unity?

4) I'm having problems exporting to Collada, does somebody else had this problem and can help me to solve it?

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I can only help with number 1 because I have never needed to do the other stuff.

1) Can I use the models I buy here royalty free for commercial purposes like image rendering, animated movies and video games?

yes, yes, and I think you have to have a special licence for games.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

You can use rendered images, but anything that requires the actual mesh to be used is not allowed, unless you purchase the games licanes, and even then that only covers Daz Original items, plus there are a couple of PAs who have their own licenses for games use which can be prurchased.,

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,159
    edited December 1969

With the caveats about licensing already covered,

3) you would need to use FBX or Collada.

4) Which version of DS is this, and what was in the scene? 4.0 wasn't exporting Genesis to Collada at all well, or even at all, but I'm not sure how 4.5 does.