Using 2 character poses.

Is there some trick when using poses that use two character together to line them up perfectly?

Or do I have to just adjust it by eye? It's very hard to do because I don't get as much detail as I want before it's rendered.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Poses that are designed to work together should line up, as long as you are using them on the original figuers. Otherwise, yes it's a matter of lining them up by eye in most cases; sometimes the Align pane may help.

• Poses that are designed to work together should line up, as long as you are using them on the original figuers. Otherwise, yes it's a matter of lining them up by eye in most cases; sometimes the Align pane may help.

But it doesn't change their X or Y co-ordinates (or atleast it doesn't seem to me that's what is happening). It just changes the poses. so how do I line them up in x and y?

• What doesn't? If the poses are designed as couple (or more) posse they should.

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 513

It depends on the pose set. Some pose sets have them designed for interacting fivures, that moves the figures and sets the pose. Others have complimentary poses that aren't necessarily designed to set two figures up when added. I have some fighting pose sets that have kicks and blocks, but they aren't "kick A and block A," but "Roundhouse kick" and "some kind of block", either of which can also work stand alone. You can use the translate tool for better fine adjustment than the sliders under Parameters when moving characters on X/Y/Z.

If the poses you are using have "interacting figures" poses, those usually move the characters around. Note that, as Richard said, there will still be some adjustment necessary if you are using different characters than the pose was designed for. So a V8 and M8 dancing pose might not work with Penny 8 and Vladimir 8 without some tweaking.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Since the female character I use in most of my renders these days only comes up to the shoulder of the male, even couple poses that do relocate the characters need tweaking for me. The pose designers usually do their work with the base figure (Genesis 8 Male / Female) without any morphs applied. Some morphs change the character enough that the pose won't line up perfectly.

One tip that I always do for couple posed images, load your charcters, dress them, etc. in the default location in the middle of the scene. It seems like even when the couple pose does move your characters, it's going to do so relative to the center of the scene world, ignoring where you may have moved the characters yourself.

Once you have adjusted them to the way you want, go do your Scene tab and select both characters. Then go to the Create menu and choose "Create New Group". I typically name it "Couple" or something clever like that. :-P

Now you can move that group and the two figures will move together without changing their location relative to each other. So you can translate and rotate them into your scene without having to re-do the posing.

• Greetings, lovely DAZ3D makers, members and all visitors!

I know it's too old but I think the problems for some users will stay for ever (like myself who has always problems to make couple poses).

I would make two Genesis 8 Male characters' poses, like embracing, hugging, fighting. Or 'just brotherly' CHEEKS kissing poses (here will be the head poses very important because the expressions of mouths, lips, eyes etc.)
    But I never get it to work. NEVER! No matter what I do, the poses get always weird and extremely non-natural (like characters' bodies are in their bodies inside).  And the head of one character is INSIDE of the other character's head.

I would now if there are some useful hints (may be step-by-step) for beginners (like me). When I watch these so called video tutorials they are 90% not helpful. Why? Because, some explain VERY quickly (clicks options without explaining it what the autor is going to do). Or the videos are in a VERY bad quality (mobile phone quality!) so that I can not see what is going on (because the quality is way too much blurred). Or the DAZ Studio interface is WAY TOO small to see anything properly.
    Or some explain it almost properly but ALL of them have tutorials wiht females. ALWAYS! But using poses that are made for females are NEVER good for male figures because their poses are very feminine after (when you look closely).

I think there are many authors who make MALE figures ONLY. I would like to see them active doing stuff for males only!

There are hundreds of pose products for both gender couples, but 90% are for male AND female couples. If I buy these products it would mean I am extremely limited doing poses for my TWO male characters how I want them pose. So, I have to learn how to make own couple poses without 'ready to use' products.

Thank you, guys! (Sorry for my bad English! English is not my mother language and I do NOT use translations).

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,799

@3drender boy

Be aware that you can apply female poses to make figures and vice versa. So if you have a pose set of a male ane female hugging, you can apply it to two males or two females if you want.

• Try to work, as far as possible, from the hip down the hierarchy (thighs-shins-feet, abdomen-chest-neck/shoulders etc.) - that way changes you make later shouldn't affect what you have already done.