Read this before trying Carrara 8.5 full screen with two monitors

davwedavwe Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I encountered a video glitch than hangs Carrara 8.5 when full screen with two monitors, leaving the GUI inaccessible. Since Carrara remembers the previous settings, it kept restarting hung. I ended up having to uninstall, delete the preferences files, then re-install all Carrara-related s/w. (Gotta love DIM.) So I highly recommend adding a keyboard shortcut to toggle full screen mode before trying full screen mode with two monitors. Here's how:

File-> Preferences
Select "Keyboard Shortcuts"
Select "Application" Context
Select "Windows" Category
Select "Full Screen Mode"
Click in the "New shortcut:" box and type your desired shortcut, then click "Assign". I used Ctrl-Alt-1.
Click "OK"

For the curious, my system has Win7x64 and an AMD Radeon HD 7850. I have an open ticket for this issue.

Comments

• UnseenArtworksUnseenArtworks Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

Time to dig this post out of his grave...

I'm having exactly the same issue but I can't find the preferences... I already uninstalled carrara, deleted the package from my computer and re-downloaded it via DIM... But Carrara still starts with a black screen and unaccessable GUI. How can I restore my Workspace again? :'( please help

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

What OS are you using? If on a Mac, have tried restarting Carrara while holding the Option key? Maybe the Alt key on Windows?

• UnseenArtworksUnseenArtworks Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

Okay, I fixed it myself via brute force ^^ I had to deactivate all my monitors except for the main screen to get access to the GUI again. Then I did the steps listed above and activated the monitors again... It works again. Thank you :)