Parking the Broom!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    Stezza said:

Parking the Broom!

Now that is near perfection!

Thank you for the house.  

edited October 2018

Had to use the pumpkin.  Headless horseman edition.  

headless 01.png
    1200 x 1600 - 2M
    headless 02.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 303K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,431
    head wax said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Waiter, there is a hairy human in my soup !!!

very funny, thanks Ted for the breakdown on the shader, nice bats Stezza :) 

Thanks Headwax

Stezza said:

can never have too many pumpkins .. thanks @Diomede yes

@Bunyip02 that is frightful! did you scare yourself when you rendered it! ... faaaaaaarrrrk!

To help @Diomede along with some Halloween freebies I posted the Wacky Witches house up in the Wack thread if anyone would like it wink

That's one of my favourite bought morphs, combines well with other critters. https://www.daz3d.com/fly-girl-hd-for-genesis-2-female

Many thank-yous for the Witches house, always enjoy your freebies !!

Diomede said:

Had to use the pumpkin.  Headless horseman edition.  

Nice, but the pumpkin needs a mouth and eyes with an eerie light showing from out of them !!!!

Stezza said:

Parking the Broom!

Love the Ice-Cream van in the back-ground

edited October 2018

Captain Pumpkin Jack and his faithful hairy dog Rusty exploring Misty River Gorge

PumpkinJack_1_TopazBuzzSim 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited October 2018

Bunyip, Pumpkin Jack is one of my favorite Daz figures.  Glad to see he got command of his own boat, and his best friend travels with him!  You are right about my headless horseman, the pumpkin should be more horrific.

Here is another Halloween pinup.  Intended to have the witch's student surprised by a hand and a skull bobbing in the cauldron stew.  Wanted to use the evil schoolgirl outfit from Daz by Pretty3D and the G8F crone/Etta figure with custom hag hair.  Used Misty's G8F character to get in Carrara.  Unfortunately, I really struggled with the caustics for the liquid shader.  Kept blowing out the glow for the liquid surface even if I turned off the lights.

https://www.daz3d.com/after-school-for-genesis-2-female-s-and-v4
    https://www.daz3d.com/crone-for-etta-hd

composite ff cauldron 02.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 629K
    edited October 2018

Another Freebie! Keep checking the thread.

Another silly one with a halloween theme.  This is a simple spider web with a procedural shader.  Zip attached.  Free for any use.

zip
    zip
    SpiderWeb FreebieZIP.zip
    spiderweb frebie logo.jpg
    640 x 480 - 29K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 8,008
    edited October 2018

@Bunyip now if he was playing a banjo ... surprise

I booleaned @diomede 's freebie pumpkin and used his web in this one

Witching Hour

Witching Hour.png
    800 x 600 - 555K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    Diomede said:

Bunyip, Pumpkin Jack is one of my favorite Daz figures.  Glad to see he got command of his own boat, and his best friend travels with him!  You are right about my headless horseman, the pumpkin should be more horrific.

Here is another Halloween pinup.  Intended to have the witch's student surprised by a hand and a skull bobbing in the cauldron stew.  Wanted to use the evil schoolgirl outfit from Daz by Pretty3D and the G8F crone/Etta figure with custom hag hair.  Used Misty's G8F character to get in Carrara.  Unfortunately, I really struggled with the caustics for the liquid shader.  Kept blowing out the glow for the liquid surface even if I turned off the lights.

https://www.daz3d.com/after-school-for-genesis-2-female-s-and-v4
    https://www.daz3d.com/crone-for-etta-hd

Nice work !! How was the toe problem on Crone for Etta ? Would have liked to gotten it at the time but finances had a few bills that needed paying.

Stezza said:

@Bunyip now if he was playing a banjo ... surprise

I booleaned @diomede 's freebie pumpkin and used his web in this one

Witching Hour

Excellent, but that pumpkin must have eaten a wicked curry to have flames coming out that high !!!

Thanks, Bunyip.  Not sure about the toe issue.  It was not a factor in this image.  I will check when I get a chance.  

Very spooky, Stezza.  The pumpkin never looked so good!  Love the hiv hanging from the roof.  Lots of other great little touches.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,008

thanks @diomede....

been busy with my FJ Ute shell.... I've done it about a dozen times now and still not satisfied.... crank up the Rolling Stones..

Great Side Challenge... enjoying it muchly yes

but your green man.... mmm... dunno what he's doing going off the witches expression! devil

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

some screaming good renders here :)  couple maf\de me laugh aloud

gorgeous gorge Bunyip02, wonderful render the headless one Ted , and the parked broomstick is a crackup :)

I hadnt seen the green man till you pointed \him out Stezza, now I get the look on the girl's face!

Ted some steam in post would do the bubbling caldron trick !

edited October 2018

My version of a Witch making a brew - similar layout to Stezza's last offering but that was what I had in mind before I saw Stezza's wonderful work. Might add some fog as well.

Fog added

Witchepoo 1 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
    Witchepoo 2 1600.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited October 2018

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.  Green man is worried they will be adding some of his parts to the stew!  Yeah, that is what is going on.  As per Head Wax, I may revisit the image with some of Ron's layers to get a good steamy boil to the witch's brew.  I have always struggled with steam, fog, clouds, etc., especially to add atmosphere.  Will have to search to see if Dart ever posted a tutorial on the subject.

@Bunyip - yesyes.  Looking forward to some savory meats from that open pit!  Looks like a place I ate at in Lockhart.  https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/the-worlds-best-barbecue-is-in-taylor-texas-or-is-it-lockhart/

RE: The G8F Etta Crone and her toes.

Sadly, the toe issue seems to be a problem for this lovely lady as well. 

etta loaded.JPG
    1314 x 957 - 132K
    etta toes one bad.JPG
    1403 x 762 - 129K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Diomede said:

thatsa scary scare

Diomede said:

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.  Green man is worried they will be adding some of his parts to the stew!  Yeah, that is what is going on.  As per Head Wax, I may revisit the image with some of Ron's layers to get a good steamy boil to the witch's brew.  I have always struggled with steam, fog, clouds, etc., especially to add atmosphere.  Will have to search to see if Dart ever posted a tutorial on the subject.

@Bunyip - yesyes.  Looking forward to some savory meats from that open pit!  Looks like a place I ate at in Lockhart.  https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/the-worlds-best-barbecue-is-in-taylor-texas-or-is-it-lockhart/

hya might do one if I get a chance.

a good idea  with clouds and fog and steam and fire is to render then out seperately and then add them in post using object index or coverage pass to allow isolation of elements 

I just use ron's brushes as there is normally one that fits the bill 

these ones too are simple and good https://www.daz3d.com/illuminate-supreme ; - about five of them I use over and over

Diomede said:

Thanks for the info - have seen worse....

head wax said:
    Diomede said:

hya might do one if I get a chance.

a good idea  with clouds and fog and steam and fire is to render then out seperately and then add them in post using object index or coverage pass to allow isolation of elements 

I just use ron's brushes as there is normally one that fits the bill 

these ones too are simple and good https://www.daz3d.com/illuminate-supreme ; - about five of them I use over and over

Have to do more post-work using fog/clouds/smoke etc, I am also getting a 404 error on the link you provided.

try

https://www.daz3d.com/illuminate-supreme

I think a semicolon got added to Head Wax's link, which caused the 404 error

Diomede said:

try

https://www.daz3d.com/illuminate-supreme

I think a semicolon got added to Head Wax's link, which caused the 404 error

Thanks, should have spotted that - but good to know !!!

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493

Hi folks,

I'm loving the Halloween pics!

I've been wanting to say thank you to everyone here for all I learn from this forum, so I've tried to make a Halloween hair freebie for all. This is likely a style everyone already has, but I couldn't resist an attempt at it. Please let me know if I've saved it correctly (my first try). It is made to go on the Daz hair cap in Objects.

If anyone sees ways to improve it, please critique away.

Happy Halloween!

zip
    zip
    CbirdBrideHair.zip
    BrideSide.jpg
    640 x 480 - 11K
    BrideFront.jpg
    640 x 480 - 12K

@Cbird - very convincing bride, and very spooky.  Great job on the hair.  I can't download it right now, but am looking forward to playing with it tomorrow.  Did you get the white streaks in the hair with a shader map, or did you create a separate hair group?  Either way, excellent results.

Cbird said:

Hi folks,

I'm loving the Halloween pics!

I've been wanting to say thank you to everyone here for all I learn from this forum, so I've tried to make a Halloween hair freebie for all. This is likely a style everyone already has, but I couldn't resist an attempt at it. Please let me know if I've saved it correctly (my first try). It is made to go on the Daz hair cap in Objects.

If anyone sees ways to improve it, please critique away.

Happy Halloween!

great hair thanks looking forward to using it!

Woohoo, a hair freebie - many thank-yous !!!

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493

Thank you Diomede, Head Wax, and Bunyip02.

i should probably have said the hair cap for V4. I figure she still gets around.

The streaks are a separate hair, so you can play with colours more easily. Electric blue is kind of fun.