How do i stick my model to the floor?

How do i stick my model to the floor. Every time i add new pose its under the floor. 

Also if i have two poses which seem to be right. Its going under floor. Can someone explain to me what i am doing wrong or send me some source to learn. 

Thx a million. 

The weird thing is, i know its not always been like this. Did i accidentally edit the settings?

Thx a million. 

Best regards

https://imgur.com/a/QtfdmUd

Comments

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited October 2018

First hi and wellcome to the forum.

Did i accidentally edit the settings?

LOL you should know it the best.

I don't know of what floor you are talking about is it the DazStudio floor grid on the Y axis translation zero level or any environment floor that may be set higher?

Otherwise it could also be an issue with the poses itself. There are two things you can do to prevent the figure from moving up-down while applying a pose:

1. You could select the hip, go to the Parameters pane and set the Y translation to be locked before applying the pose. Just press the padlock icon on the slider.

2. Hold down Ctrl while applying (double-click) the pose from the library and you get some options what values to apply from the pose. Unselect translation and scale only keep rotations selected and the figure should no longer jump somewhere.

Post edited by Syrus_Dante on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,997

If you are referring to the viewport grid or any other surface at that same level, after posing your character, hit Ctrl D to return the posed character to the  "floor". (Be sure your character is still selected in the scene pane, before hitting Ctrl D.)

• Maybe its me, but it seems like no one is answering this question:  Let's say I want to creeatee an animation of a yoga move.  I pin the hands and feet, and I want them to stay locked in that relative location to each other, and then pull the rump up and back, and then move it down and foward, how do I keep the feet and hands locked in the same relative location?  Right now, if I pin those bones, and move the torsoe/shoulders/hips, the hands or feet pull away from their location I wanted to 'pin' them at.  I've tried this using all of the different coordinate types(world/local/etc) in active posing dropdown.

• mbarbour said:

Maybe its me, but it seems like no one is answering this question:  Let's say I want to creeatee an animation of a yoga move.  I pin the hands and feet, and I want them to stay locked in that relative location to each other, and then pull the rump up and back, and then move it down and foward, how do I keep the feet and hands locked in the same relative location?  Right now, if I pin those bones, and move the torsoe/shoulders/hips, the hands or feet pull away from their location I wanted to 'pin' them at.  I've tried this using all of the different coordinate types(world/local/etc) in active posing dropdown.

Currently DS doesn't have that kind of rigid pining - and I am really not sure how much movement would be possible with the hands and feet pinned, depending on how the rest of the body was arranged.

• tfistfis Posts: 129

You could try limbstick

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 513

I've found that it depends on the pose set as well as character customizations. Some pose sets move the character into position and will adjust the Y position as part of that. So if a character is kneeling, the pose will adjust the Y axis of the hip down to place the figure on the viewport floor/grid.

If a pose is designed for a base character, such as Genesis 8, then the -Y setting is based on that character's size and height. If you are using a character that is shorter than the one the pose was made for, they can end up below the floor. Also, in many cases, applying a high heel pose will cause the feet to be below the floor as there is no Y-axis adjustment.

As Syrus Dante says you can prevent the Y-axis change, though for some poses your character may be above the floor once posed.

I usually use the "move to floor"/Ctrl-D trick after posing. 

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912

https://www.daz3d.com/limbstick-for-genesis-3-+-8

This is the Limbstick mentioned above.