off topic thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

should we have a drink together?

cheers

• SileneUK said:

For my British boardies:  DO NOT EDIT YOUR ONLINE GROCERY BASKET after checking out. 

Thanks. I must admit that I've never used any food delivery service as I remember a documentary on just how dirty the baskets were that they deliver your groceries in, plus a friend who used to use Ocado (Waitrose) deliveries got bread that went mouldy very quickly; even before she was ready to open the packaging ! I shall just have to live off some of the garden grey squirells and the odd wood pigeon [joke]

living on cosmos for dinner

woosh  cranberry juice has a kick like gargleblaster

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,069
    edited March 2020
    Mystiarra said:

can buy vodka and lime juice to cut it yes

oh Cosmopolitan you on to that already heart

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971
    edited March 2020
    FENgari said:
    SileneUK said:

For my British boardies:  DO NOT EDIT YOUR ONLINE GROCERY BASKET after checking out. 

Thanks. I must admit that I've never used any food delivery service as I remember a documentary on just how dirty the baskets were that they deliver your groceries in, plus a friend who used to use Ocado (Waitrose) deliveries got bread that went mouldy very quickly; even before she was ready to open the packaging ! I shall just have to live off some of the garden grey squirells and the odd wood pigeon [joke]

Yes, I never bought fresh stuff as the sell by dates are not good, but most online shoppers know this. I buy only stuff I can freeze or already frozen or canned and dry goods. I live in an area where we only have high street grocers which I walk to and a very small Sainsbury's which I am staying away from. I really do not want to drive to a larger one.  As to the baskets... the food is all in bags and I don't think the handbaskets or trolleys in the grocery stores are any cleaner to be honest and your food is in direct contact with them. I often see 'sticky stuff' in tthe bottoms of hose plastic handbaskets, so I try to use metal ones. 

I'm good now for two weeks. We are taking walks as we have a lot of open spaces around us, and stepson's dog needs walking. He's self employed in building stuff and is actually very busy now. People still need things fixed and most of his trades mates report the same. 

frown  Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on
    Mystiarra said:

can buy vodka and lime juice to cut it yes

oh Cosmopolitan you on to that already heart

Green Vodka 

Happy St Pats!

I might decorate my spare room Tamriel style

I actually have enough furniture and trinkets  that fits the theme, it's a matter of moving stuff around the house

robert plant gotta whole lotta lov, he wants to be a back door man,  sounds kinda ambiguous?

edited March 2020

i'm still using poser Ben.  looks like no one has made a Johnny Sokko helmet.

surpriseSilvar has her own helmet?

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited March 2020

Marvelous Designer on sale.  might just do it.  need a lil cheer for all the troubles.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • CbirdCbird Posts: 493

I picked it up, Misty, and it is just plain fun to play with. Now, if I could get my head around rigging and weight maps......

any way to find a figure's measurements inside carrara?

or do you import the target figure obj into MD for measuring?

goin stir crazy, everything i wanna do need my home puter.

day job cyber blockers wont let plugins run >.<  makes my carrara X plain ole carrara  lol

Mystiarra said:

any way to find a figure's measurements inside carrara?

or do you import the target figure obj into MD for measuring?

I just import the figure obj into MD and start plunking cloth on it. You can do measure of the avatar right in MD, so not necessary to do in advance.

I don't know how to sew, so I haven't tried using real world patterns yet. Are you thinking about using real patterns?

i think that would mean using someone elses design work?  i'd like to make full originals

I think the historical accuracy people are keen on patterns. They share them. I'm trying to make Roman stuff, but I can't read patterns, so I just look at pics and try to fake it, lol. 

Are you thinking of things for your movie project? That would be cool!

Cbird said:

I think the historical accuracy people are keen on patterns. They share them. I'm trying to make Roman stuff, but I can't read patterns, so I just look at pics and try to fake it, lol. 

Are you thinking of things for your movie project? That would be cool!

yeahsmiley

theres key items in scifi i feel should be all original.  fantasy has more leeway. like a wizard's robe is a robe, smileysmiley

grocery orders working.  yayy.  tp coming soon. store brand.

come on feel the noyz  girls rock ya boyz  wyld,wyld,wyld

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135

I don't give a damn 'bout my reputation
    Living in the past, it's a new generation
    A girl can do what she wants to do and that's what I'm gonna do

An' I don't give a damn 'bout my bad reputation
    Oh no, not me

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227

I haven't finished "The Irishman" yet, but some memorable scenes, like when the protagonist throws the murder weapon in the river, saying (in voiceover) "This is the spot everybody uses, if they sent divers down there, they could arm a small country".  We see an underwater scene with the weapon sinking into a huge armory of every kind of gun imagineable.    

Besides a lot of A-listers (deNiro, Pesci, Keitel, Pacino, Ray Romano (!) ) it includes a favorite of mine, Bobby Cannavale - a great part in "Mr. Robot".

I hope the second season is as good. wink

Mystiarra said:

Marvelous Designer on sale.  might just do it.  need a lil cheer for all the troubles.

yeah I got a 30% email too but 1 AUD = 0.54936 USD

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006

Australia is going to be shut down and restarted again.... take about 6 months

cool

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,424
    edited March 2020
    Stezza said:

cool

Looks like everything is going to be sealed up except for essential services ....

Seal the borders 1 Topaz.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    Bunyip02 said:
    Stezza said:

cool

Looks like everything is going to be sealed up except for essential services ....

she's cute heart

i dont understanf how they can call it a free pro bundle when it says to buy 2 or 3 items for the free?  that's not free  made me waste a mouse click.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971

https://howmuchtoiletpaper.com/

It is per person, and the number of days can be chosen at the bottom (I think) Max is 90 days for calculating.

It looks fairly accurate to check how long it will last. Of course, it depends on the number of sheets/squares on a roll, too.

surprise  Silene

what if it didnt start with a big bang?
    what if it was a slow leak?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135

Went to pick up a prescription and they were stocking the paper goods.  Snagged a 24-pack of toilet paper.  

I'm taking myself out of the toilet paper mania.

edited March 2020

the tabo is looking plausible 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabo_(hygiene)

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
This discussion has been closed.