Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited February 2019

This is really a cat video ..lol

&

Post edited by Ivy on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited February 2019

We had dinner and tea. This was reinforced by getting School Dinners at school. (School Dinners had all -- well ok, most -- of the appearances of actual food, without being actual food, and cost about 10p a plate to make)

Alas, "Home time" is no longer a thing when you work from home! sad

Now, I have lunch and supper, although this is partly a factor of remembering to look at my watch!

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227

We had dinner and tea. 

I recall getting ready for a London vacation, including cricket.  I found writeups like this: "But the team lost three wickets within only three over’s ... India ended the innings at 176 ... The Pakistani team  ... lost its three wickets within ten over’s ... the Pakistani team could not save the match and their innings ended at 162 with all the batsmen out and eight balls to spare."  And they talked about the match "after tea".  Pretty confusing compared to baseball as Bob Newhart points out:

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006

they have found that here in Oz that Netflix, YouTube ect.. has changed the way the younger people's direlect has become slightly more Americanised! Strewth! we're all doomed! devil cool

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited February 2019

I suspect that cricket is the only game sport that stops for tea (as opposed to American Football, which stops for adverts...).

I should also point out that 'Neighbours' is responsible for inflicting the rising interrogative on UK younger people's dialect.

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited February 2019

Started off as just a fun way to get to know people here, but getting an education, and also fun links!

Illustrations in Texas Monthly about chili cookoff accurately don’t have anyone drinking that horrible water.

Silene, went on package tour of Europe and some wags in England wanted me (as an American) to read the word ‘buttocks’ out loud.  No idea why they’d think that’s funny.  Maybe Chohole is right and it’s a ‘class’ type thing.

I didn’t say “Butt- Ox” (like the Forrest Gump character) and they seemed disappointed, but I was still off the mark.  “but-Ux’  That’s still not how they say it in England.  Can’t think of how to type it phonetically.  Something like ‘but-X’  Maybe an amusing prank to play on tourists.  Was all in good fun.  ; )

---
    Woah!  Clever cat video using the “Fluidos” product?  Picked DS version up at store.  Seems very promising, but thinking animation *way* out of my league right now.  Must have a very nice system.  Well done and also funny!  : )

---
    Cricket and wickets...  As an American, it's my patriotic duty to remind everyone we have a game called baseball

It was invented to cure insomnia.

What’s ‘shrewth!’ mean?  Fun learning different words! 

As for yanks messing things up, we're not immune.  I think the English are very sneaky when it comes to hapless American tourists.  They served us loose leaf tea in a teapot.  Also, a delicious beverage called “Samuel Smiths Nut Brown Ale” if remember correctly.  That's not playing fair!  Now, domestic stuff tastes like fizzy carbonated alcohol water flavored with "beer" concentrate.  I don’t want to think how much we’re paying to have tea sent across the Atlantic.  They really like me at local beverage store.  Imported ale probably a nice profit for them.

Enjoy weekend everyone!

Post edited by Tynkere on
    edited February 2019

I remember when dear old gran first used tea bags...

she said 'by the time you cut the corner off you may as well of bought loose leaf tea!'

strewth.... is like crikey

eg.. Person one: 'Strewth, me mate copped a six stitcher in the scone and now he's bonkers'

Person two:  'Crikey, i bet he has a few loose roos in the top paddock now'

Person one: 'nah, he'll be apples, but he came a cropper and busted his thong and dropped his dog's eye and dead horse, the cheese and kisses couldn't stop laughing'

all very simple really.. yes

Post edited by Stezza on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,419

I remember when dear old gran first used tea bags...

she said 'by the time you cut the corner off you may as well of bought loose leaf tea!'

strewth.... is like crikey

eg.. Person one: 'Strewth, me mate copped a six stitcher in the scone and now he's bonkers'

Person two:  'Crikey, i bet he has a few loose roos in the top paddock now'

Person one: 'nah, he'll be apples, but he came a cropper and busted his thong and dropped his dog's eye and dead horse, the cheese and kisses couldn't stop laughing'

all very simple really.. yes

For those that need an interpreter....

https://www.australiaday.com.au/get-involved/aussie-slang-dictionary/

https://thingsaussieslike.wordpress.com/tag/dogs-eye/

http://www.wanowandthen.com/slang.html

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited February 2019

buttox not all that funny. Arse sets me giggling. Tee hee arse.

Rotorooter ads for jammed up plumbing problems

Complaint  iphone no has arroe keys to scroll inside typing  tapping one pain in the arse way to fix a typo  

age discrimination in narnia >.< lucy and edmond cant return to narnia  

watched percy jackson2 last night never heard of a myth bout Talya  se watched Malificent  some really kewl looking creatures   

Conflicting versions of minitaurs tween prrcy jackson and narnia  minotaurs bad guys in my stories  adversaries of dragons  

armorrd rhinos in yhr black panther movie. Ants as steeds in amtman movie. Heard the aquaman movie has saddled sharks. 

Saddled chickens?  

Post edited by Mistara on

broken heart swiss miss marshies

• maybe we should all try modeling one of these cheeky

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,064
    edited February 2019

nested replicating 

fibonacci sequence 

damn we need a fractal generator in Carrara 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

watching Maleficent.  cant blame her after the way he treated her

been too hot to use my PC ....not happy

on a bright note I handed in my resignation to work this week so will soon have plenty of time to render

not much money

so no DAZ goodies

I will have to use the vertex room and roll my own stuffs!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,133

on a bright note I handed in my resignation to work this week so will soon have plenty of time to render

not much money

so no DAZ goodies

wow, that is a big day!  I’m very close to leaving DC.  Working at the Library of Congress has lots of great stuff, but the atmosphere in town in general and my neighborhood in particular has gotten increasingly toxic.  I had been hired by the Library to work with Congressional staff of all Members without regard to party affiliation or leadership status.  

Unfortunately, lack of civility is the order of the day.  A House Committee leader was actually on local TV calling on her supporters to gather in crowds and confront anyone working with the other side.  Yo, that is my f-ing job, (nasty word that violates TOS), and I provided the same service to your staff recently!  

Not making a political statement or favoring any particular side, just saying my everyday life has gotten bad and is getting worse, and in my case it’s not the president. (For people in Parliamentary systems, the US President is not affilliated with Congress in any way, and folks like me have been told for years to hang up on any President or executive branch employee who tries to take advantage of services the LOC provides just to Congress.  Presidents have about 800,000 employees to help them with stuff, don’t need the 300 or so of us). My friends and neighbors who work in the executive branch have even lower morale, but it is bad enough near Capitol Hill (Congress).  

I predict that I won’t finish 2019 in DC. Again, moderators, I am not endorsing or favoring any political position or party, I am merely sharing my personal experiences of being vilified for doing the same job for Members of both major parties.  

Sorry, Wendy, sort of made that about me.  I do wish you all the best.  Resignation day is a big day.  

I feel sorry for you too, you are just a public servant doing their job and I am aware politics doesn't have any relevance but sadly there are some ignorant people out there.

I have been in mine, a bakery job, 36 years which is more than you get for double murder!

Can and so will access my superannuation and transition on it to the pension in 10 years time.

Super is sort of like your 401k a self funded retirement investment and mine not terribly big but I can survive on it.

I feel sorry for you too, you are just a public servant doing their job and I am aware politics doesn't have any relevance but sadly there are some ignorant people out there.

I have been in mine, a bakery job, 36 years which is more than you get for double murder!

Can and so will access my superannuation and transition on it to the pension in 10 years time.

Super is sort of like your 401k a self funded retirement investment and mine not terribly big but I can survive on it.

Good luck with your retirement/semi-retirement. Any chance of making some items then becoming a PA ?

not much money

so no DAZ goodies

wow, that is a big day!  I’m very close to leaving DC.  Working at the Library of Congress has lots of great stuff, but the atmosphere in town in general and my neighborhood in particular has gotten increasingly toxic.  I had been hired by the Library to work with Congressional staff of all Members without regard to party affiliation or leadership status.  

Unfortunately, lack of civility is the order of the day.  A House Committee leader was actually on local TV calling on her supporters to gather in crowds and confront anyone working with the other side.  Yo, that is my f-ing job, (nasty word that violates TOS), and I provided the same service to your staff recently!  

Not making a political statement or favoring any particular side, just saying my everyday life has gotten bad and is getting worse, and in my case it’s not the president. (For people in Parliamentary systems, the US President is not affilliated with Congress in any way, and folks like me have been told for years to hang up on any President or executive branch employee who tries to take advantage of services the LOC provides just to Congress.  Presidents have about 800,000 employees to help them with stuff, don’t need the 300 or so of us). My friends and neighbors who work in the executive branch have even lower morale, but it is bad enough near Capitol Hill (Congress).  

I predict that I won’t finish 2019 in DC. Again, moderators, I am not endorsing or favoring any political position or party, I am merely sharing my personal experiences of being vilified for doing the same job for Members of both major parties.  

Sorry, Wendy, sort of made that about me.  I do wish you all the best.  Resignation day is a big day.  

Hope the job situation sorts out, I have worked in a few toxic environments where politics was out of control, not in a hurry to go back to them !!!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164

not much money

so no DAZ goodies

Its always bitter sweet when leaving job. but things always seem so much better after you gotten re adjusted.  I wish you the best my friend,

Ivy said:

not much money

so no DAZ goodies

Its always bitter sweet when leaving job. but things always seem so much better after you gotten re adjusted.  I wish you the best my friend,

thanks heart

I won't have any regrets leaving though other than financial 

that I may solve with a nicer job one day if needed cheeky

Wendy's Cakes & Coffee

whilst you render

I can see it now smiley

Wendy's Cakes & Coffee

whilst you render

I can see it now smiley

I would likely eat the cakes and coffee

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

We all reach a point where we have to say enough of this and move on. I did that when I got out of the Army as I was getting bitter and twisted from the continual issues I would see, bring up and nothing was done to fix it.

I am now a public servant and see such abuse heaped on people who do nothing wrong but management is angry about something not related to the working stiffs.

I wish  you the best Wendy and Ted.

edited March 2019

this video illustrates how anthropomorphic  furrys are made

rest in peace Keith Flint

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited March 2019

That’s terrible about LoC.  Someone very special to me is a reference librarian.  Neither of us can imagine why some fool would encourage people to be rude or abusive to someone just trying to help people.  What a complete boor and a cad-- regardless of politics.  

Wendy, 36 years as baker.  Wow!  Bet you can cookup some terrific tasty things!   

Here’s wishing both of you the best. smiley yes

---
    Meanwhile my own off topic news is good & bad.

Water pipe burst so have had to move home office stuff to garage whil they repair damage.

“Clearance sale!  Everything Must GoThat’s right!  Every item you see just one American dollarEverything must go!

Good news-- insane around here, so no insanity at DAZ store.  Bad news.  Insurance companies have something called a deductible.  That means I have to pay them money before repairs can get started.  (I really wish people would tell me these things!)

---
    Interesting video btw.

---

If none of this makes sense, dogs might be smarter than people.  Fox terrier woke us up at around 4AM.  He knows there isn't supposed to be water flooding small office and into the kitchen... 

_Clearance.png
    1794 x 1345 - 4M
    Post edited by Tynkere on

not a baker just a shitkicker, dogsbody, senior facrory assistant I think they call it, mosty in wrapping and order picking and menial tasks in production 

That’s still quite an accomplishment although can imagine you’re looking forward to retirement!  In the states 36 years almost unheard of anymore.  They’d sack anyone with experience (higher salary) and hire someone part time at half the wage.  Life in the 21st century I guess. : /

Best wishes & looking forward to seeing renders & animations if means you have more time. : )

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

Hey Congrats Wendy, one door shuts and another opens - you'll be kicking yourself you didnt do it sooner.

You got good brains and peserverence - if you want you could make a motza in three dee - whatever a motza is

Ted, sounds like you are on the right track :) life is short

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971
    edited March 2019

Good luck, Wendy!!!   When I retired, I found at last I had time to do all the stuff you HAVE to do without going nuts. Then I found some free time at last!  Once organised, I had time to study and take up 3D modelling and it's been fantastic so far ( in spite of eye troubles and now I have some god awful chest infection not covered in the flu jab).  Enjoy, you have earned it! Looking forward to seeing more of your Carrara work once you have gotten tired of messing about doing nothing... even doing something pleasant over and over again loses its appeal.... sort of!   heart  Silene

Wishing you good luck Tynkere... sounds like a lot of aggro work!

Ted... I still have friends in DC right nr Capitol Hill.  She just has to tune it all out and pray for another election She did up her home from a dilapidated two up-two down that her parents had owned, lived in right afer the war, but then moved to the southern MD burbs to bring up the girls.  Now their area is all hot property and she will NOT be moved by the aggro of the current occupant of the big mansion.  I loved the LoC... I knew a researcher there back in the 1950s who was a good friend of my parents. She loved her work. 

SteveK   My husband LOVES Bob Newhart!  The driving test is one of his faves. His humour is so different from typical US slapstick, it's all subtle.  He's still working...love his appearance on Big Bang Theory as Professor Proton and as his ghost, too!

In general, I cannot complain about life... oh wait... I am fed up with Brex-sh*te !!!!   The only thing I have stockpiled is unstalted President butter from France. It never goes off and I can freeze it.  Other that than, I will always be able to get Heinz Beans and that is good enough for me.  

indecisionfrown  Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on
This discussion has been closed.