Moving into Daz Studio 4 Pro?

CybitCybit Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Not sure where to post this question, so I'll try here. Basically I've been a pretty avid Poser user since version 3, lately though, I've started playing with Daz Studio. I've recently made the decision to not upgrade my Poser format any further than it already is, instead I'm moving forward with Daz Studio. Which appears to be moving in a great direction.
My question is, do I have to reinstall all my Poser content for use within Studio 4? Will my older content version's work inside of Studio 4?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,496
    edited December 1969

No, you don't need to reinstall your content - in DS4, open the Content Library and right-click on Poser Formats, then select the Add Runtime Directory and pick the folder that holds the Runtime folder, just as when you add a library to Poser. Not all Poser content will import - the latest (Poser 8 and 9 exclusive) rigging options won't, and materials load only the basic settings - but most should.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI gmcmudder :)

All you need to do is tell Daz Studio where your runtime folders are, or let it search for them.
    It'll add your Poser content to the "poser Formats" section of the "Content Library" on the right hand side in Daz studio.

Most things in P6. P7, P8 should work just fine,.

Some older content has issues,. and the changes in weight mapping in P9 PP2012 make some things not work.
    such as the newer weight mapped figures like Alyson :)

• CybitCybit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks Guys -
    Exciting news and way cool, wasn't sure how it worked or if it would work. I'm currently working with Poser 8 and was willing to uninstall it to reinstall all my content into Studio 4. This saves me a ton of time.