How to save a spot render

I always do spot render to check on the rendering result first. The spot render just went away.  I wonder if there is a way to save the spot render to a designated location? I am using DS 4.6 on Mac.

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

In the tool settings tab, when chosing the spot render tool, there is an option to render to a new window.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,235

As Sven says, rendering to a new window gives you the ability to save it.

• chriswongbizchriswongbiz Posts: 206

Thank you guys!

• Leo LeeLeo Lee Posts: 187

In the tool settings tab, when chosing the spot render tool, there is an option to render to a new window.

You saved my life!

I need to do some blink animations. Now I don't need to re-render the whole scene.

Thank you so much, Sven!

• juliojcesar17juliojcesar17 Posts: 3
    edited January 2022

Sven Dullah said:

For me, it's not working, guys. I go to the tools tab, and the Spot render tool (Alt+Shift+C). Then I select it, but no render to new window option ever shows.

In the render options, "general" tab, I have selected the option "new window" in the "Render target". Still, no spot rendering in a new window.

Am I doing something wrong?

For the record, I'm using the 4.16 pro version of Daz.

Post edited by juliojcesar17 on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,347
    edited January 2022

juliojcesar17 said:

Sven Dullah said:

For me, it's not working, guys. I go to the tools tab, and the Spot render tool (Alt+Shift+C). Then I select it, but no render to new window option ever shows.

In the render options, "general" tab, I have selected the option "new window" in the "Render target". Still, no spot rendering in a new window.

Am I doing something wrong?

For the record, I'm using the 4.16 pro version of Daz.

After you select the Spot Render tool, you then need to go to the "Tool Settings" tab (you may need to open it from the Windows...Tabs menu) and that's where you should see the option to render to a new window. Click the box, then you can start the spot render and it should pop up a new window with the render output.

Post edited by MelanieL on