can I use DATA files to retrive lost sceens elements (whole versions)

d_jppd_jpp Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

This is my problem:
I lost two times my library of scene, but I kept all my data from the file data.
Is it possible to use to retrieve data, objects,
modify the textures address,
or at least clean the box retaining the useful element currently and empty which is no

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,500
    edited December 1969

If you mean what I think then I'm afraid not - the \data folder contains the basic shapes, but the posing, morph settings, material settings, lighting and cameras are all in the scene file.

• d_jppd_jpp Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

thank Richard
    But I don't care recovered decorates and all think like that is a shape I need to recover
    And I don't understand , after 10 years existence and 4 versions that this software could not jump over lost pieces and shut down went one texture is lost ....

some progresses to make in this direction?

edited December 1969

Lost textures shouldn't be enough to break a scene - you will simply be prompted to locate the missing file, and can choose to skip it. What exactly is your issue?

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

If the item has a geometry attached to it there is a possibility you can find it in the Runtime/Geometries folder, but it may loose any rigging depending on the item. If it's a Studio file the data file is proprietary and I don't think you can extract the item data from the file.
    If it's an item you bought from a vendor there is a good chance they can provide you the item to re-download.

edited December 1969

StratDragon
    Don't forget that a textures are be lost too
    I have see this possibility and when I haven't texture, I replace it with a generic one ..(a simple white square texture)
    But how the system is not based on a mesh , but on a sampled surfaces* if I replace a lost surface by any one, it's false
    At the and, I don't understand that a soft were able to memorize a large part of the data, haven't a spare retrieving system ...
    or a add on able to do this job ...

and my problem is not now solve ...

* easy to control: why the triangulation are not the same as the original mesh ??

edited December 1969

Could you post some screenshots? What you are seeing does not sound right. Could you also explain exactly what is happening - I at least am finding it hard to follow.

edited December 1969

Could you post some screenshots? What you are seeing does not sound right. Could you also explain exactly what is happening - I at least am finding it hard to follow.

what details does you want I put for screen-shots
    About that I use substitute picture to replace loste one

ore the triangulation different between the no triangulate object and triangulate response of the daz Template witch are different ??
    I know I write English as a cow (with large hooves)

But if the function exist, I am sure, one know the right way , the right software able to do the job.
    At last, that's a challenge to create a soft able, as the windows register manager fixer, to fix ,to clean and remove data, the dead items, and to rebuild lost objects. (in neutral color texture )

• Lamb FriesLamb Fries Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

d_jpp said:
    StratDragon
    Don't forget that a textures are be lost too
    I have see this possibility and when I haven't texture, I replace it with a generic one ..(a simple white square texture)
    But how the system is not based on a mesh , but on a sampled surfaces* if I replace a lost surface by any one, it's false
    At the and, I don't understand that a soft were able to memorize a large part of the data, haven't a spare retrieving system ...
    or a add on able to do this job ...

and my problem is not now solve ...

* easy to control: why the triangulation are not the same as the original mesh ??

Yes, but if you had created a mat pose for the item it will work on the obj unless you changed the geometry or surface names, so the textures settings are not necessarily lost and the textures themselves should still be in the runtime/textures unless those were deleted and they can be set up on the model.

AND WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TO MY ACCOUNT? LAMB FRIES!?!?!

Post edited by Lamb Fries on
    edited December 1969

And that is the BIG problem. All of files are lost, libraries with the whole obj ,libraries and textures ..except the data files

The body of Daz is on one I.D.E H.D.D. with Content folder and data folder
    the libraries is stood on an other , onto an first partition and scenes are on the second one, the size of HDD was 500Go , but it die after 1 year
    ( I presume the version of PC bios not really compatible with the version of H.D.D. on S.A.T.A. channel )
    The real problem is to remove whole unuseful Data , they are increase and take many place. but all scene are not removed, some one exist on other place of the computer , or on external H.D.D. and they are used a references into the main HDD.
    If I can't to made a places , two ways will be possible. I remove data files, and I loose actual scenes, if I leave it on ,the HDD will be full and I could not add a new scenes

Is it possible to record a scene and chose an other place for data ?
    to load one scene switch off the data file (change a name of folder ) and save it on a new folder with the same name ?
    Is the software accepts this name changing with out shut-down ?
    is it possible to change the way during use, changing it in the register ?

Personally I don't want to make the test ... I don't want to reload whole my libraries for the third time in a one year ( and they are many many many built-by-myself thing in it )

thank for all for your answers

edited December 1969

The active data folder is the one in the first DAZ Studio content directory - in DAZ Studio 3 it is the first one listed in Edit>Preferences>Directories, in DAZ Studio 4 it is in Edit>Preferences>Content Library, click the Content Directory Manager button.