Slow moving orange bar bottom right....

MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
edited June 2012 in New Users

Finally under way and starting to enjoy things a bit though still waiting for my first order to be sorted....

Anyway wondering about speed of loading (is it ?) and why the orange bar at the bottom right seems to take so long before you can add something new ? Could this be because my computer's slow and needs something updated as the same bar in the tutorial video seems much faster ?

Post edited by Marcuse on

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Marcuse :)

What's your system spec, ?

The Orange bar at the bottom is looking at the clothes, and the figure, analysing both the meshes of the 3D objects, and "auto-Fitting" the clothes to the figure.

"Tutorial videos" sometimes speed up sections which take a long time, such as processing data, or rendering images, so that you get the basic concept of what's being shown, without becoming bored waiting for the next instruction from the tutor.

:)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,341
    edited December 1969

If you are using clothes with smoothing and collision applied the 'bar' will update for each item everytime you make an alteration, its sometime useful to turn off collision until you are ready to render.

• MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:

What's your system spec, ?

The Orange bar at the bottom is looking at the clothes, and the figure, analysing both the meshes of the 3D objects, and "auto-Fitting" the clothes to the figure.

"Tutorial videos" sometimes speed up sections which take a long time, such as processing data, or rendering images, so that you get the basic concept of what's being shown, without becoming bored waiting for the next instruction from the tutor.

:)

Thanks. Not a techie but Windows Xp Home 34 bit, with a graphics card just updated from Open GL 1.1 to 1.3 - I think. I was basically wondering if it's the same slow speed for everyone or if I'm trying to do too much at once ?

edited December 1969

If you are using clothes with smoothing and collision applied the 'bar' will update for each item everytime you make an alteration, its sometime useful to turn off collision until you are ready to render.

Thanks. Unfortunately I only started yesterday so way beyond me lol ! :-)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,341
    edited December 1969

Some Genesis clothes have it applied on loading, it can be turned off in the Parmeters tab under general.
    With a 32 bit system you are going to run into memory problems, I know I've only got a 32bit and battle memory all the time.
    What have you got in the scene.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Some clothing items are simply faster to smooth than others. The more complex the geometry as well as other factors such as weight and rigidity maps play a factor too.

edited June 2012

Some Genesis clothes have it applied on loading, it can be turned off in the Parmeters tab under general.
    With a 32 bit system you are going to run into memory problems, I know I've only got a 32bit and battle memory all the time.
    What have you got in the scene.

Nothing in the scene except the main figure. Would changing mine to a 64 bit which sounds faster be a simple process or the other extreme of having to get another computer....or something ? Couldn't find anything in Parameters under general....?

Post edited by Marcuse on
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Some clothing items are simply faster to smooth than others. The more complex the geometry as well as other factors such as weight and rigidity maps play a factor too.

Sorry smoothing....?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Smoothing .. in simple terms :)

The model is made up of lots of polygons, little squares, and this can sometimes be seen as flat edges.
    you could simply make the model have more polygons and reduce the flat edges, but that make the model use more memory.

A process called "Sub division Smoothing" (smoothing) for short,.. is used instead,.. this makes the computer sub divide each polygon which leaves the original model alone,.. but makes it look smoother.

Quick example for illustration.
    the Un-smoothed model, and a duplicate of that model, with smoothing applied to it.

smooth.jpg
    538 x 600 - 44K
    edited December 1969

Bit beyond me but thanks ! :ohh: