cant get data files I used in DS3 to be seen in DS4.5

StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I mapped the data folders I found in my user/documents as part of the Daz content but when I load scenes I created in DS3 I'm missing a ton of scenery. the files work fine in DS3 (e.g. C:/Users/My Documents/Studio/Content/Data)
when I load the scene I get an error about missing files.

I tried automatic finding of all my content and it found a ton of runtime and content that were mapped but that didn't work either when I went to load the scenes. I was able to load some of the stuff that was missing from my work from their original packaging but it did not make new data files I could use after loading these items. Unless I can get all the data read I can't use DS4.5. Is there something I'm missing?

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Is the directory where your 3.x data was mapped as a DAZ Native content directory?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You need to have "C:/Users/My Documents/Studio/Content" listed as a DAZ Studio Format content folder in DS4 (for the Data folder) and as a Poser format content folder (for files under Runtime).

Are you sure that is the correct path? The default for DS3 would be ...Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio3\Content

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

All I ever did was what Adam and Mike said. Put my DS3 content folders into DS4 as content folders. DS4 finds all my stuff in my saved scenes.