hair clumup

How in the world do i use the hair clump tool? it's not doing nything

Comments

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499

Also,my "drape all" button has stoppwed working. A new scene or restart does nothing to help it.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135

The best resources for Carrara hair are by Jonstark.  In addition to a thread, he did some instructional videos.  Will see if they can be tracked down.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Diomede said:

The best resources for Carrara hair are by Jonstark.  In addition to a thread, he did some instructional videos.  Will see if they can be tracked down.

Sorry I've been so out of pocket these last nearly 2 months, had a ton of stuff come up irl, including death of a close friend I'm sad to say, and also was my boss so this has impacted my work, and I haven't had any free time, had to fall back into 'lurker' mode mostly.

Thanks Diomede, not sure I really merit it but I'll do my best to help though.  (I can think of a lot of others who are more talented with Carrara hair than I am. I'm loving the fact that PhilW has now perfected the workflow to take a Carrara hair creation and turn it into a character/prop hair for sale in the DAZ store, I predict this is likely the wave of the future).

LightofHeaven, the Clump tool I don't use too often myself, but I can see how it might be useful for certain hairstyles.  With it activated you can make the selected guide hairs bend towards each other (or away from each other, if you pull the mouse in the opposite direction).   Like many of the hair tools, it will not have any affect and do nothing unless you have at least some of the guide hairs selected (you can do this one at time by clicking on the root of each guide hair you want to affect while holding down shift, and you will see the selected hairs turn from white to yellow once they are selected, or select all, or select a certain named region of the hairs, or select by dragging a square with your mouse around the area you want to select).  Once selected, the way to use the tool is to left click your mouse directly on one of the selected hairs and hold it down the left click button on your mouse while doing this (if you don't click on one of the hairs and miss, they'll all turn white again, going back to unselected, so you have to be careful to click on the hair root).  Then simply drag your mouse forward/back and you'll see the guide hairs bend either towards or away from each other.

As for the drape all button suddenly not working, that happened to me once, I never could figure out what happened or how to correct, I had to abandon that hair and go back to an earlier iteration, pain the neck and I'm guessing it's some kind of rare bug.  Fortunately it only happened once, so I'm hoping that means it's pretty rare, but it's still frustrating.  Of course it could be something I clicked or did that caused it that I just didn't realize.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499

hey, i'm back again.

So,here's no hair cap for G2M?V I also see no textures for it. i suckat texturing...