[Solved] wet skin problem

tn222ebtn222eb Posts: 34
edited March 2018 in New Users

hi

i have this problem when im using https://www.daz3d.com/skin-doctor-wet-wild-for-genesis-8-and-3-female-s on my genesis 3 female character it doesnt apply on the characters new genitalia for victoria 7. it becomes grey. does anyone know what to do?

Post edited by tn222eb on

Comments

• My 3D SpinMy 3D Spin Posts: 608
    edited March 2018
    tn222eb said:

hi

i have this problem when im using https://www.daz3d.com/skin-doctor-wet-wild-for-genesis-8-and-3-female-s on my genesis 3 female character it doesnt apply on the characters new genitalia for victoria 7. it becomes grey. does anyone know what to do?

Skin doctor always goes grey on skin that dosent  apply. So Victoria 7 is not compatible in that case

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
    edited June 2020

Same Problem here, I have the New Gens for Vic8, which is indeed for G8F. Does that also not work?

The product says:

"Daz's Genesis 3 and 8 Female Anatomical Elements are supported by the Wet Skin Shells. "

The New Gens are kinda similar, just more adjustable.

You can see it goes "white" at the anatomical area:

(Nothing unsafe visible + render not complete, the wet skin needs long for preview render).

When I disable that it would cause there dry areas :/ Its a shower scene, so... she is indeed naked :D

Update/Edit:

Thats how it looks, if I disable the shell on the Skin Doctor Geo.

Post edited by Loony on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406
    edited June 2020

The "new gens" prop probably doesn't have the same surfaces as the original anatomical elements, so the materials for the wet skin shell don't apply to those surfaces.

Copying and pasting settings from nearby surfaces might work.

Post edited by Leana on

I did try it with copying the torso but didnt worked.

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986

I am sorry, this NEW GENS for V7 is a third party product from a different vendor and not a Daz Original, therefore our product has no native support for it. 
    Since I do not have it here I cannot look into that. I would suggest that you contact the vendors of this product directly, they maybe also have Riversoft's and my product and can help with that. 
    This NEW GENS (I had a look at the product) seems to use several scripts and also shells which might interferre. It is different than the Daz Original Female Genitalia figure that comes with the female pro packs. 
    Sorry I can't ne of help here. 

okay.

edited June 2020
    SF-Design said:

I am sorry, this NEW GENS for V7 is a third party product from a different vendor and not a Daz Original, therefore our product has no native support for it. 
    Since I do not have it here I cannot look into that. I would suggest that you contact the vendors of this product directly, they maybe also have Riversoft's and my product and can help with that. 
    This NEW GENS (I had a look at the product) seems to use several scripts and also shells which might interferre. It is different than the Daz Original Female Genitalia figure that comes with the female pro packs. 
    Sorry I can't ne of help here. 

Its easy to fix:

Go on the wet shell, copy the torso, then select both gens (also at the wet shell) and paste there the surface.

Maybe is it needed to add first on both gens Iray Uber shader and then copy the torso to the gens (all on the wet surface). Important: If Dropps are loaded, select all and hide the gens shells!

As you see no more white area:

(based on my setting, you dont see here much wet effect but that is just because of the light+view).

btw. I am never really happy with the dropps, maybe I make something wrong?

Post edited by Loony on
  • lxknvlklxknvlk Posts: 5

@Loony

Doesnt work for me ...

Im trying to make work "Ultimate Skin Moisture" with "New Gens for V8"

I tried copying everything to everything laughcrying 

Can smb explain?

lxknvlk said:

@Loony

Doesnt work for me ...

Im trying to make work "Ultimate Skin Moisture" with "New Gens for V8"

I tried copying everything to everything laughcrying 

Can smb explain?

After loading the shell to the body, you select the body and copy the Torso surface, this surface do you now Paste to the surface on the Geoshell Gens/anus region, optional can you just disable that 2 regions in the parameters.

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556

1: Remove NewGens geograph

2: Apply whatever skin settings you want

3: Re-add NewGens. 

That works for me almost all the time.

This works for third-party male gens as well.

• plarffplarff Posts: 264
    edited December 2022

Nothing mentioned above works at all. No matter which gens i use and which wet skin I use on Gen3 or Gen8 models.
    Either I am not understanding what is explained or it just doesnt work?

Any other advice from anyone please...

gen3F_gen.jpg
    818 x 276 - 59K
    Post edited by plarff on