ever model a nixi tube?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,007

Mystiara said:

ever model a nixi tube?

nope..

I dunno how to get a glow through the glass frown 

edited June 2021

I have now but still can't get the numbers to glow thru the glass...

it morphs as well so any number between 0 - 9 can be morphed to the front!

wacky hey

NixieTube.png
    640 x 480 - 212K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

those are really awesomely nifty  nixies yes

nixi.JPG
    254 x 202 - 13K

mario's cart looks so comfy.  much nicer than gadding about with my rollator.

the insurance didn't want to pay for the erollator, they wanted me to use a walker.  the bastards.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,187

Mystiara said:

the insurance didn't want to pay for the erollator, they wanted me to use a walker.  the bastards.

That's because rollators are considered dangerous for many.  They roll very freely, and can easily get away from some of the elderly, especially if they are not familiar with the hand brakes, or have weak grips and slow reactions.  An insurance company would consider this a high risk, so why would they give you money to get one?

Dana

edited June 2021

did some rework on Droopy

Hints.png
    640 x 480 - 238K
    Post edited by Stezza on

DanaTA said:

Mystiara said:

That's because rollators are considered dangerous for many.  They roll very freely, and can easily get away from some of the elderly, especially if they are not familiar with the hand brakes, or have weak grips and slow reactions.  An insurance company would consider this a high risk, so why would they give you money to get one?

Dana

nah.  they just cheap.  rollators are moslty over a 100.

my rollator has a seat.  is amazing how many dr places don't have seats outside for us waiting for our paratransit busses. 
    and the seat has storage for my depends and bags.  so i dont have to carry things on my shoulders.

the newer models have the handles higher up.  supposed to be better for posture.  insurance not gonna buy me an upgrade.

Stezza said:

did some rework on Droopy

a door to another dimension?

thru space and time.

they serve mankind on the other side.   

remember wack a mole?

it was an arcade game at kid's places, like chuck e cheese..  prolly none left.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227

Whack a mole Memes

• mschackmschack Posts: 337

lol

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,331

Mystiara said:

those are really awesomely nifty  nixies yes

yes +1!!!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,331

All of it... Brilliant work as always, Stezza!

edited June 2021

thanks .. smiley

I see DAZ have a package for father's day in the sporting section but once again failed with no inclusion of a cricket bat..

so.... I modelled a Wacky Wombat Cricket Bat to take up the slack!

it's in the zip file and here is the texture for you to change to whatever wink

HOWZAT!!!

zip
    zip
    CricketBat.zip
    Blade.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 121K
    CricketBat.png
    640 x 480 - 121K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

Stezza said:

thanks .. smiley

I see DAZ have a package for father's day in the sporting section but once again failed with no inclusion of a cricket bat..

HOWZAT!!!

ha ha stezza, another classic - not that I'm batty or anything - i see we posted at the same time in the challenge thread!

Headwax said:

Stezza said:

thanks .. smiley

HOWZAT!!!

ha ha stezza, another classic - not that I'm batty or anything - i see we posted at the same time in the challenge thread!

lol.. we did...

It's half time in the footy laugh 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,427

Thanks once again Stezza !!!

wack a wombat?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,076

maybe the giant wombats got whacked

daww

My next door neighbor just screamed out goal.  they from south america, is prolly the footy ball.

i envy them their extacy over a goal.

Mystiara said:

My next door neighbor just screamed out goal.  they from south america, is prolly the footy ball.

i envy them their extacy over a goal.

We have two big soccer fields right behind our back gate.  I enjoy watching some of the older kids play, they are sometimes really good.  But the Vuvuzelas are not so good, especially at 7AM.  Hasn't happened in a while, I think the local police had a word with them ...

we have a country cricket field over the road from our place.. On a Saturday I listen to the sounds of leather on willow with the intermittent howzat thrown in...

no soccer... I'm in Rugby League Land smiley

edited June 2021

I guess you can't have a cricket bat without having a set of stumps!

here is a set of wacky stumps with morphs.... the stumps are in the zip file yes

zip
    zip
    Stumps.zip
    Cricket Set.png
    640 x 480 - 129K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Stezza said:

we have a country cricket field over the road from our place.. On a Saturday I listen to the sounds of leather on willow with the intermittent howzat thrown in...

no soccer... I'm in Rugby League Land smiley

I saw an article about the spread of baseball after WWII - Japan, Korea, some Latin American countries.  It also listed Australia, which I had not heard before.  The US big leagues have players from many of those countries (and vica versa) but I don't recall an Australian player.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135

Australian baseball players who have played US major league

https://www.baseball-reference.com/bio/Australia_born.shtml

Diomede said:

Australian baseball players who have played US major league

https://www.baseball-reference.com/bio/Australia_born.shtml

Interesting.  Looking at the players with a lot of games, I sort of recall Dave Nillsson - couple of seasons with >.300 batting average, very good.  Joe Quinn was a little before my time, retiring in 1901, the same year Australia became a nation.  And my US home state was still IT.  wink

This discussion has been closed.