Wacky Modelling ~ In Carrara ~

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,074

I wahn it I wahn it.... YOU CANT HAVE IT!

now I have my magic bus too much magic bus yes

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,427

some wipers added and more texturing .... I'm not going to attempt the interior...!
    it's got morphing opening doors though wink

that might be it for now... do you think it's passable?  ... I may bag it up and post it later after a few render tests yes

Excellent !!!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006
    edited July 2019

ok.. the wacky bus is in the terminus.. buy your tickets and climb aboard

you will need to adjust some shaders probably, I'll attach the template and body textures in a zip file for you to play around with.. hope you can do something with the interior.. share if you do wink

the doors have a morph to open and close.

have fun yes  smiley

zip
    zip
    Bus by DaveT.zip
    2M
    zip
    zip
    Bus_Textures.zip
    1M
    Post edited by Stezza on

ok.. the wacky bus is in the terminus.. buy your tickets and climb aboard

you will need to adjust some shaders probably, I'll attach the template and body textures for you to play around with.. hope you can do something with the interior.. share if you do wink

the doors have a morph to open and close.

have fun yes  smiley

Many Thanks !!!

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

I'm woefully behind in this thread...great work everyone, thanks for sharing and inspiring and workflows!

edited July 2019

prob better to chuck the images into a zip as otherwise thanks to DAZ have to be converted from that webp format

iClone version,

still trying to populate Carrara bus

keeps going frozen and bugging out trying to use Genesis 3 FBX from iClone,

from DS with 3DU toons on Misty's presets will be harder but I may have to

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

yes  smiley ... yep updated them to zip... 

prob better to chuck the images into a zip as otherwise thanks to DAZ have to be converted from that webp format

edited July 2019

This bus should get plenty of mileage !!!

Have included Stezza's bus with my reskinned colour scheme for those that might be interested

Bus Stop 1.png
    2400 x 1361 - 5M
    7z
    7z
    Bus by DaveT-Central Plaza.7z
    6M
    BusStop 2.png
    1654 x 782 - 1M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited July 2019

Another reskin - Metro Bus

Bus Metro 1.png
    1588 x 775 - 602K
    7z
    7z
    Bus by DaveT-Metro.7z
    7M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited July 2019

that would be a fun thread to start.... bus adverts lol

converting the wacky bus to LH drive ( those funny countries that do it ) is a pretty simple process... just select the few parts that need to be reversed and in the modeling room duplicate with symmetery without welding and move into place and delete the bit you copied. 

not many parts need doing... the bus shell, floor, doors, dash, seats and swap the windows over... move the steering that's about it... I think.. surprise
    if you want to animate the wheels to go round and round you may have to delete the ones on the LH side as you look from the front then duplicate the other two and move and rotate into position.. I used duplicate with symmetary on them and Wendy had some wacky results.. which is cool.. it is a wacky bus.. yes  laugh

Have fun experimenting

Bus_LH_WiP4.png
    800 x 600 - 268K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Maybe Misty could have a bus decoration challenge ?!!

WitchHouse in TwinMotion

sadly I am having constant BlackScreens of Death so how much rendering I can do is questionable

my PC works and this video proves my 980ti does as it rendered it!!!

but my monitors stop getting a signal and I cannot use my PC and have to shut it down

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

WitchHouse in TwinMotion

sadly I am having constant BlackScreens of Death so how much rendering I can do is questionable

but my monitors stop getting a signal and I cannot use my PC and have to shut it down

What windows version?   A couple of us suffered with a similar sounding problem after running one of the windows 7 updates,  which was then cured with yet another windows update a bit later.

edited July 2019
    Chohole said:

WitchHouse in TwinMotion

What windows version?   A couple of us suffered with a similar sounding problem after running one of the windows 7 updates,  which was then cured with yet another windows update a bit later.

I uninstalled that optional July18 update too but still happens 

was up to date

Win7 Micro$oft prob sabotaged it

now downloading 430.86 driver

Stezza your model one of the few things I can fit easily in both Twinmotion and Flowscape 

I have tried DAZ figures but they struggle 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135

So much good stuff going on here.  Just dropping in to say that I just took that bus across Iowa.  If you said, "where?" then you understand.  

Seriously, great bus model.

I like what you did Wendy ... awesome ... yes

thanks Ted... doing a bit more on the bus model today cool

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited July 2019

Stezza your model one of the few things I can fit easily in both Twinmotion and Flowscape 

This is amazing!  Is it Twinmotion, or is it Flowscape?  Are the people and their animated motion native to the program?

Stezza's house model looks terrific with those various shader modifications.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

This is amazing!  Is it Twinmotion, or is it Flowscape?  Are the people and their animated motion native to the program?

Both,

the shots in Twinmotion have the seas, huge terrains and speedtrees animated 3D people and various animals that walk traceable paths, lots of modern people holding phones with looping idles, it’s an ArchVis program primarily, has cars that follow paths, ships, planes, busses, animated bike riders, furniture,  

you need an Epic Games Launcher

Twinmotion is also free

Flowscape is pretty cool too but more limited import, very cheap, it still has pretty awesome plant painting and animated animals, fantasy figures 

edited July 2019

Luthbel MICK bedroom in Twinmotion with lots of the 3D animated people

It handles much bigger imports

both only static objects

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Both,

the shots in Twinmotion have the seas, huge terrains and speedtrees animated 3D people and various animals that walk traceable paths, lots of modern people holding phones with looping idles, it’s an ArchVis program primarily, has cars that follow paths, ships, planes, busses, animated bike riders, furniture,  

you need an Epic Games Launcher

Twinmotion is also free

Flowscape is pretty cool too but more limited import, very cheap, it still has pretty awesome plant painting and animated animals, fantasy figures 

Thanks for the answers.  Not everything is clear, but that is OK as I don't really have the time to investigate it more fully at the moment.  I'm glad that you do!

Gotta admit, the quality of the video startled me a bit.  Given the obvious constraints, the results you can achieve are getting closer to Pixar.  The effect of wind, for example, seemed very lifelike.

Just search Twinmotion on YouTube, there is a huge amount of stuff

edited July 2019

did some more wacky bus stuff

redid the body, added some interior with an interior lining, changed the wheels to see if fixes the wacky twirling in animation... mmm... probably did other things that I can't remember.

Going out to lunch today so won't get it posted till much later.. but here's a wacky wip pik

Bus2WiP1.png
    800 x 293 - 168K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited July 2019

the bus took a short detour ... will be back soon...

in the meantime I modeled this wacky character as an authentic replacement for any TRexes you can't get into Carrara..  devil

experiment time on the old fossil in the zip file

TRex.png
    640 x 480 - 205K
    zip
    zip
    Rex Dino.zip
    Post edited by Stezza on

Cute, might need to do a battle between him and Vyusur’s Dino heart

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

rock em sock em dinos smiley

the bus took a short detour ... will be back soon...

in the meantime I modeled this wacky character as an authentic replacement for any TRexes you can't get into Carrara..  devil

experiment time on the old fossil in the zip file

Awesome !!!

edited August 2019

a wacky Reliant 3 wheeled car ....  seen a post on it the other day on another forum .. thought why not... Mr Bean picks on this car all the time!

Reliant.png
    800 x 600 - 208K
    Post edited by Stezza on

a wacky Reliant 3 wheeled car ....  seen a post on it the other day on another forum .. thought why not... Mr Bean picks on this car all the time!

Very nice - needs a Scammell Scarab to go with it !!!

edited August 2019

since my Graphics card keeps crashing and not recovering using Octane, iray, Twinmotion, Flowscape etc

I decided to do some modelling

and revisited the rollercoaster but UV mapping the bugger impossible

put what I have in a zip

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/99/2c3cb47326b2e557eb5fdd1174e88c.zip

RC.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 124K
    zip
    zip
    rollercoaster2.zip
This discussion has been closed.