SCI-FI Celebration

Comments

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,540

That water and the ripples look insane.

DA Big Ocean was a good buy.  I've wanted to do a scence like this for some time.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

I love it. I just still wish you wouldn't crop things so tightly.

I love it. I just still wish you wouldn't crop things so tightly.

Why?  I don't like to much empty space.  My old art teacher critisized me for that back in the 90's. 

It gives me feeling like the image was cropped and I'm not seeing the whole thing. I might have to Google this and see what comes up, but I feel a tension between the subject(s) and the borders of the art piece. I do remember something from my old art training about why we put paintings in frames and it's to create a clear border between the art and 'everything else'. And I think I am wired to need that when looking at art. I break that rule for my comic and use a full bleed- off the page. But I think it's why almost everything has a frame or border. I find it distracting.

It actually might be a remnant from graphic art instead. I dunno, I'm foggy on the WHYs. I just something is there, nagging me.

Kind like how I'm nagging you over this. lol.

I'm going to go do some googling. Be right back. lol

I'm clutching at straws here.

These articles sorta say what I'm trying tob get at, but not quite.

https://www.thoughtco.com/elements-of-composition-in-art-2577514

https://www.thoughtco.com/negative-space-definition-2573838

https://www.thoughtco.com/principles-of-art-and-design-2578740

The best I can conclude is, my eyes are looking for 'breathing space' between the subject(s) and the edges of the 'canvass'.

Maybe your teacher meant you had too many open spaces with nothing happening or you didn't 'zoom in' close enough to your main subject.

I just don't know too many examples where the art is cropped so tightly.

I think it's a rare thing, maybe that's all. carry on.

I am Ironman

I am Ironman by tkdrobert

Chewbacca: RIP Peter Mayhew

Chewbacca: R.I.P. Peter Mayhew by tkdrobert

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

More playing with "Octiana for Genesis 8 Female"!
    This Image falls in with my "Sladen Stories" series.
    I reworked my character "Astrid Langford" from G3F up to G8F.  The face is not exact because the original version used Sunny7 as a base.  The body morphs transfered prefectly becasue no named character shapes were used.  (Though she is heavier in this render from a combination of age and her transformation :P)

She is wearing "Aeon Soul's Helix Alpha Outfit".  I added dForce to it, and it drapes nicely over Astrid's new Octolegs.

Story time:
    She was in the Rec Room enjoying her free time in her usual way... (eploring life in a veriety of other humanoid forms, both real and fantasy).  ***The "Rec Room" functions simmilar to Star Trek's Hollodeck except that it creates real cellular structures as needed, and can temporaraly change the users cellular structure as needed for the simulation.  When the program closes or you exit the room, it will undo any changes it made to the users.***  When Astrid asked the computer to close the program, everything faded to a blank room.  Well, aside from a message floating in the air in front of her face.

DATA ERROR (CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK) 
            //USER/LANGFORD_A/DNA_CODE.RRD         

As Astrid raises up one of her Octolegs into view, she sings out in a whimsical tone "Oh no! How long will it take to fix it this time?!"
    Hmmm, I wonder if these will fit into my cloths.

Clara is going to be sooooo mad when she sees me!

Interesting character.

Revenge of the 5th.

Darth Maul by tkdrobert

Nothing special here, just playing around.  Inspired by a new Blade-Runner comic coming out this July by Titan Comics.

Blade-Runner: Ash by tkdrobert

Commander Shepard and Samantha Traynor

Shep and Sam by tkdrobert

• PorsimoPorsimo Posts: 359

Here's a few old and older pics. The hangar scene is actually almost 10 years old scene, but I rendered it only about two years ago with Iray, because my PC couldn't handle it back then. The pic in the middle is an old Vue render.

Porsimo said:

Here's a few old and older pics. The hangar scene is actually almost 10 years old scene, but I rendered it only about two years ago with Iray, because my PC couldn't handle it back then. The pic in the middle is an old Vue render.

Nice work.  I like the 2nd one a lot.

Wrex

Mass Effect: Wrex by tkdrobert

Captain Rex

Captain Rex by tkdrobert

edited May 2019

Kylo Ren by tkdrobert Darth Sidious by tkdrobert

Rebel Scum by tkdrobert

Post edited by tkdrobert on

Padawan Ahsoka by tkdrobert

Luke Pilot by tkdrobert Luke: Rebel Pilot (BW) by tkdrobert

Master Yoda

Master Yoda by tkdrobert

Cad Bane

The Clone Wars: Cad Bane by tkdrobert

Another Cad Bane

Cad Bane (Portrait) by tkdrobert

Falleen Mercenary (Star Wars)

Falleen Mercenary by tkdrobert

Cyberpunk Gangsters

Cyberpunk Gangsters by tkdrobert

• GeffeGeffe Posts: 63
    edited June 2019

Just messing around with some stuff that I've had sitting in my content library without being used, like Josh Crockett's awesome Greylien.

Alien Curiosity.png
    1800 x 1800 - 5M
    Post edited by Geffe on
    Geffe said:

Just messing around with some stuff that I've had sitting in my content library without being used, like Josh Crockett's awesome Greylien.

Nice

Gotham City's Guardian by tkdrobert

• tikiman-3dtikiman-3d Posts: 34

Thanks for this page.

Here's the first part of a Star Trek Faninated Film I'm doing in Daz and rendered in Octane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a1OnpNGt40 

Qi'ra

Qi'ra by tkdrobert

• junkjunk Posts: 1,302
    edited June 2019

Space Crimes-Target Acquired (Part 2 of 8)

While some might or might not be familiar with my Space Crimes story line and while this particular image does not have any Sci-Fi in it per se..  I am posting this here because it does take place in a future that mixes old time radio feel and science fiction.  Part #3 is where more "alien" life comes into play.   Here's today's story:

Space Crimes-Target Acquired (Part 2 of 8)

Dames...  Can't a guy get a drink without someone wanting to talk your ear off?  Or, will it be the "oh you're a private detective?  I can't find my cat..." kind of chatter.  Tonight I'm just going to be direct with this lady and tell her.... 

what, oh no... 

she's sitting down...

You've been waiting for me?  Your brother has been missing for a week now?  Staring into her eyes was like sitting on a bright sunset beach looking into the light blue ocean with bluer skies just above.  Her voice was soft like the gentle waves that slowly crash against the shore, not in a loud way, but just enough to where it becomes the only sound that you can hear.  The light softly reflecting off her smooth and curvy shoulders draws your attention that they are connected to an equally smooth and curvy figure.  Her hair perfectly framing those gorgeous red lips, the ones telling me of her concern for her brother.  Am I staring?

She then touched my hand and it was then that I realized that time for me had been frozen.  I believe the bartender was waiting for my reply to the usual "what's your poison" question.  Was that two minutes ago that he had asked?  Three?  ...

Link to the Gallery Image

Post edited by junk on