Looking for a vault suit (Fallout outfit)

Does anyone know if anyone has made a vault suit? and if no does anyone know which of the various bodysuits might be best to make one out of if I have to try to make it myself... (And that won't be pretty lol) There are just so many and I figure that someone out there may have already done this sort of thing so I am asking about it before I waste time trying to do it with one when another would work better. I would ask for a pip boy too, but I am pretty sure that will be a no lol. I have it in my head that I want to do some fallout renders and I can do that with some of the wasteland type outfits I have, but Fallout kinda needs a vault suit and a pip boy on at least someone lol.

Comments

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

Have you seen this guy's gallery?  It's pretty epic.

You might (for non-commercial work) find this interesting also.

The vault jumpsuit would mostly be a matter of texturing, I think...  You could probably start with the StreetWear (Stonemason) Rogue Sci Fi suit for example.

--  Morgan

• morkmork Posts: 278

Thanks for sharing!
    Here's a quick&dirty blender render of the pipboy obj. Would need some work to make it fit within Studio I guess.

pipboy2.png
    484 x 377 - 208K
  • morkmork Posts: 278
    edited November 2017

And here's a quick&dirty render within DAZ.

It won't import the materials for the obj, but it's not too difficult to set up when you take the mtl file as a reference.

For the buttons you additionally want to add the Opacity map for the Transparency Cutout and maybe set emissive on the screen and the buttons.
    The bump maps in the material go into Normal Map, since they are normal maps, not bump maps.
    ScaleX needs to be set to -100% and then rotate the sucker around a bit until it fits.

PipBoyTest.png
    667 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by mork on
  • JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,126
    edited November 2017
  • MalandarMalandar Posts: 750

Thanks everyone, this is definitely a good start, maybe I should look into how to pull models from games and import them into Studio myself, it would definitely help with the props, though anything wearable I would still have to learn rigging and enough of modeling to fit it to whatever figure I was going to use...  And I actually have the second suit. I may look into trying to make my own texture if I go with that one since the texture made by  the one guy likely won't work for both suits.

CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

Have you seen this guy's gallery?  It's pretty epic.

You might (for non-commercial work) find this interesting also.

The vault jumpsuit would mostly be a matter of texturing, I think...  You could probably start with the StreetWear (Stonemason) Rogue Sci Fi suit for example.

--  Morgan

That is a nice suit, but the belly plates seem to be modeled on and they are not part of any vault suit so it is not the best for this purpose.  I have downloaded the pip boy though I will be playing around with that to see what I can do.

mork said:

And here's a quick&dirty render within DAZ.

It won't import the materials for the obj, but it's not too difficult to set up when you take the mtl file as a reference.

For the buttons you additionally want to add the Opacity map for the Transparency Cutout and maybe set emissive on the screen and the buttons.
    The bump maps in the material go into Normal Map, since they are normal maps, not bump maps.
    ScaleX needs to be set to -100% and then rotate the sucker around a bit until it fits.

Looks good to me, I'll have a go at it when i get the time, hopefully today.

Thanks everyone, this is definitely a good start, maybe I should look into how to pull models from games and import them into Studio myself, it would definitely help with the props, though anything wearable I would still have to learn rigging and enough of modeling to fit it to whatever figure I was going to use...  And I actually have the second suit you linked to Juju. I may look into trying to make my own texture if I go with that one since the texture made by  the one guy likely won't work for both suits.

• handyman4545handyman4545 Posts: 408
    edited September 20

Kooknfat's J_Suit

Lucy-01.png
    1468 x 849 - 698K
    Lucy-02.png
    1468 x 849 - 870K
    Lucy-08.png
    963 x 849 - 326K
    Lucy-09.png
    963 x 849 - 311K
    Post edited by handyman4545 on