Supersuit Smoothing?

TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
edited December 1969 in The Commons

It has none? >:(

I'm finding Genesis morphs that the suit won't cover, especially in latest release packages. Normally smoothing would solve minor poke-through like I've been getting, but smoothing is nowhere to be found in the Parameters tab, neither can I find anywhere else that I can choose to apply smoothing to the suit.

Why is it not available?

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

Many objects don't not have smoothing modifier applied by default.
    Select the article in the scene tab, then use the active scene option flyout, choose "Edit-->Apply Smoothing Modifer"

• TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited June 2012

Aha, thankyou, that works.
    Although it's taking a half hour and only 55% processed... (I've got 16Gb Ram too...)

Post edited by Timmoth on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

How much smoothing and collision you put in? o_O

edited December 1969

Smoothing 20
    Collision 3
    It's up to 85% now, about another half hour later.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

That's odd, although you could yank smoothing down to 10 or so and collision up to 4. You are running 64-bit version of the program, right? How many cores you got?

Although I think you might want to use the included morphs to push all surfaces (both seams and plates) up a notch before using smoothing.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461
    edited December 1969

20 is quite high, and for some morphs will make poke-through worse - smoothing, as it says, smooths out the bumps. Try lowering Smoothing and if need be slightly increase collision iterations, which is the part of the process that should address poke-through.

edited December 1969

Yep, 64 bit, and 4 cores.

Something's definitley weird though. The viewport is empty now, even when I reset the camera view, rotate the cube, etc.
    It won't even render, so I'll have to restart the program....