Changes to Infinite Skills Carrara Training

2»

Comments

• Thanks Phil for such a quick reply!!

I scoured through the disks but to no avail and as you said the morphs for Victoria 4 are no longer present at DAZ3d.

I"ll try to make the best of what I have.

Thank you having taken the time to create these tutorials and I hope your new ventures go in the direction you want them to.

Cheers

Anthony

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Anthony, I believe that you misread what Phil said.

He said that the DVD's included "working files."  These are files that help with constructing things while doing the the tutorial.  Personally, I never used those files, yet didn't have any issues.

Phil did not claim that the V4 morphs were no longer available.  In fact, the morphs are in the store here:

https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-2-morphs

Hope this helps!  Phil's tutorials are the best.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,145

Thanks UB.

• Thank you UB for the link.

I was referring to the morph injections that do not appear anywhere within the Content or Smart Content tabs.

Cheers

edited March 2019

If you own Morphs++ (these are the main V4 morph injections), it absolutely does appear in both Content and Smart Content, if you are set up correctly.

V4 also comes with basic morphs.  Those can be found in the parameters tab on the top right.  To see them, you first have to click on Victoria 4.2 in the instances tab (lower right).  There are only two basic (male) morphs there.  But if you go further down and click "head," there you will find a bunch of morphs.

Basically, if you want more than head morphs, you will need Morphs++.

V4 Morphs++.JPG
    1707 x 800 - 221K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,431
    edited March 2019

Should be available:-

Vicky morphs 1.png
    3840 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Thank you both UB and Bunny

Maybe it's just me.

In Phil's top left pane under the General tab one can see a heading for Morphs (and in this case since he has Morph++ installed, that as well) as well as Subdivision heading and more.

I have none of that.

Even after adding an INJ icon over the Victoria 4.2 instance in the lower left pane no heading with its controls appear in the top left hand pane.

Of course Phils version of Carrara is different since DAZ have added Paramaters and Controllers tabs, which I hve also looked through.

If this is something I overlooked to do in the setup of Carrara I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Cheers 

Anthony 

Capture-of-Carrara-Victoria4.PNG
    1361 x 726 - 257K
    Phils-General-Tab-with-Morphs-Shapes-Heading.PNG
    965 x 718 - 640K

Ah - the location of any injected morphs has changed - once they have been injected, they are viewable in the Parameters tab. You hardly get anything at the body level without having the Morphs ++ package (if you are going to use V4 much at all, it is definitely worth getting). Click on the Head and you should see a number of dials in the Parameters tab.

• Ta-Daaa!

Mystery solved!!

Thank you Phil and both UB and Buny for your invaluable time and expertise!

Cheers from the Great White North.

Anthony

Glad we got there.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,431
    PhilW said:

Glad we got there.

+1 yes

PhilW said:

Glad we got there.

+1 yes