Stupid question 32 bit version of Carrara????

I think there is a 32 bit version of Carrara, am I right?   Is there a pro version that is 32 bit and also contain all the fun stuff?

Comments

• eyeseeeyesee Posts: 172

If you're running a 32 bit operating system then the 32bit version will be installed, otherwise it's the 64 bit version installed

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,141

Okay it is a 32 bit computer.  Thanks.  Is there anything to keep in mind about the 32 bit version on a 32 bit system?

• eyeseeeyesee Posts: 172

Other than files sizes being limited to 2 Gig (I think) there's no difference.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

What you have to remember with Carrara 8.5 pro is that there is actually only one download for 32 bit.  Download and install that,  then if you paid for *.5 Pro you should have an 8.5 pro serial number in your account.  use this when Carrara asks for a serial number,  as it is the serial number that governs whether it is 8.5 or 8.5 pro.

Apparently I got both 8.5 and 8.5 pro serial numbers in my account. So use the pro serial number instead of the regular?

Yup,  that's the idea.     If you hadn't paid the extra bit for the Pro version you would only have one serial number.

Chohole said:

Yup,  that's the idea.     If you hadn't paid the extra bit for the Pro version you would only have one serial number.

Thank you very much!

you'rre welcome,  glad I could help

Genesis 2 will work in Carrara but not Genesis 3?  Can I GenX2 Elijah to G2M and then use Elijah in Carrara?

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited March 2017

Genesis 2 will work in Carrara but not Genesis 3?  Can I GenX2 Elijah to G2M and then use Elijah in Carrara?

That's correct; Gensis2 works in Carrara, but Genesis 3 doesn't. As long as you have the add-on for GenX2 that let's you transfer morphs from Genesis 3 to Genesis 2, then yes, that will work (you'll need to use Genesis 2 materials since the UVs are different).

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on

I got Carrara 8.5 installed and registered. Now the next step is to learn how to use the cool features of Carrara that bought me to getting it.