Question about Carrara Surface and Skin Shaders by 3DCelebrity

http://www.daz3d.com/carrara-surface-and-skin-shaders

I assume that these shaders are fairly old?  Maybe before Genesis?

My question is, does anyone here still use them?

(They are a freebie today with the bonus coupon)

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135

These are procedural shaders, not maps.  I still use them as a base for procedural skin shaders for some of my custom figures, but I always adjust them - but that is standard for me now with all shaders I buy.  I don't recall ever using them on figures that come with dedicated skin maps, like V4/M4 or genesis.  Here is a quick test render of one of my custom low poly heads with three of the skin shaders applied (lips are mine, sorry) with no adjustment.  The lighting has a bigradient and global illumination.

skn shader.jpg
    640 x 480 - 13K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 8,008

Yep, I use them quite often, not necessarily for skin either.. and diomede said a bit of adjusting sometimes to suit what I'm after.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,332

Another excellent way to learn shaders, and it's always useful to have shaders to grab on the fly.

evilproducer had a cool thread around here somewhere showing his cool procedural skin shader he made/was working on from a tutorial he had found. His shader is available on ShareCG, I think?

The tutorial was all about adding the little moles and other skin changes to the shaders.

Never judge a shader by its age. Great shaders are great, no matter how old or new they are, unless they were made for a different render engine.

• Hey, thanks guys!

I will get them tonight.