What happened? Morphed V4 suffers mesh distortion/breakage in C8.5. D:

Last night I set up a V4-based character in Daz Studio. I dialed in the shape, added materials, then also hid the model's head, substituting a prop head, which I parented to V4's invisible head. I saved as a duf. Everything was behaving nicely in Daz Studio.

Then I opened the duf in C8.5. V4 + prop head loaded, but with some problems. The FBM that looked fine in Daz Studio came through, but seemed to distort and break the mesh in C8.5. Also the prop head moved from the precise location where I had parented it so there was a noticeable gap between neck and head. [AND none of the materials came through on the prop head, but that's easy enough to fix.]

Does anyone have any ideas on what's happening? I thought for sure that V4-based figures would load faster and work better in C8.5, so this obstacle is very disappointing.

On the plus side, I used default lighting and cameras to render a beautiful shot, just like the main promo, of HowieFarkes' World Gardens Maze, which reminded me why I'm trying so doggedly to learn this software in the first place. ^_^

--Carraravangelist in training,

MW

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

carrara should ask you if you wanted to remove deformers, when you load the Vicki/aiko 4.
    leaving the deformer magnets in can give some wonky squishing.

• Thanks for the tip. I will try removing the magnets.

--MW

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

Any value in doing all of the locating and sizing action in DS, but doing the hiding and parenting in Carrara? The logic being that the simpler the duf coming out of DS, the more likely Carrara doesn't have to convert/interpret stuff.

I also use DS for a lot of manipulation (more so thatn Carrara for now), so I appreciate your doing 'stuff' on the DS side before imporint to Carrara, etc.

--ms