Rendering a movy with additional sound in Carrara 6 pro

I have been using Carrara for a long time, but until now I did not need to incorporate directly the sound channel. When rendering the clip in AVI, I received an answer which more or less says that this type of encoding does not support sound track... usually it works perfectly with Poser... why not with carrara... any suggestion? many thanks.

Comments

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Mouron said:
    I have been using Carrara for a long time, but until now I did not need to incorporate directly the sound channel. When rendering the clip in AVI, I received an answer which more or less says that this type of encoding does not support sound track... usually it works perfectly with Poser... why not with carrara... any suggestion? many thanks.

I would start with the Carrara 6 documentation. I know, DAZ has done a piteous job here...I only use Carrara 8, so I don't know much about past versions. I skimmed through the C7 docs quickly but I didn't see anything stand-out about supported audio file types.

Because it works in Poser is not a good reason to expect it to work in Carrara. I suspect you would have better luck rendering individual frames and then put them together with a sound track in another program dedicated for that purpose.

• edited December 1969

Thanks, but it was what I was doing until now rendering the movie with the sound track in another software Pinnacle studio... however using a WAV sound works perfectly in carrara, it is prectly synchronised with the images it is only when rendering the movie that it refuses to work.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Have you tried a different audio format than .wav? What codec are you rendering to, and what options are there in the render room?

• edited December 1969

Basically Carrara only support Wav. The options used for rendering are usually uncompressed frames or Microsft 1. both gave the same non result... it appears that the render doesn't like AVI, but it doesn't like Gif as well... which are the only two animating capabilities offered...there is a note in the manuel which says :

Note Not all of Carrara's output file formats
    support sound writing. A warning message is
    displayed if you try to render an animation
    with sound to a format where the sound
    track would be lost.

The issue is that this note does not give any indcation on which format may be used and where we can find it.

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

What version of Carrara are you using ?
    Saving sound with animation was an issue which I think was fixed for version 8 ( maybe 7 cant remember).

Save movie uncompressed avi and sound should save as .wav. with it. It does for me.
    Compression best done in video editing software later

• edited December 1969

I am using 6 PRO. Using an editing software is convenient for most of the cases, however some sound need to be precisely synchronized, and I thought is was more precise using Carrara, and it is in fact, only the rendering creates the issue...

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

0oseven said:
    What version of Carrara are you using ?
    Saving sound with animation was an issue which I think was fixed for version 8 ( maybe 7 cant remember).

Save movie uncompressed avi and sound should save as .wav. with it. It does for me.
    Compression best done in video editing software later

sorry ! your answer was already in the subject .

using C6 maybe the problem - you may need upgrade to 8.
    However I notice some users having problems with C8 on macs.

Try searching the "bugs" site {access from carrara interface web tab}

• 3DPixLA3DPixLA Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

One thing to check for is your rendering FPS settings. 24fps can cause some sync issues as I discovered using Mimic Pro. And sometimes it is the file encoding itself whether MP3 WAV or AIF some files are just problematic. I've also run into sync issues with Poser so it is not just Carrara. I am no technical expert but I believe some of the lag could be processor related. If the scene is processor intensive the sound does not keep up. For this reason I discovered post processing is best for audio track precision. FCP X is what I use but for PC I think Sony Vegas is a popular choice. I am using C8.1 on Mac OS X 10.6 almost everyday and it works flawlessly.