Aiden for M5 looks strange on Genesis

HrothmeirHrothmeir Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello, everyone. So, Aiden... Impulse purchased at a dollar. I don't have M5, but since I thought it was a Genesis variant, I got it anyway. Now, when I apply the Aiden texture to a genesis body, it comes out looking cut up, ill placed, and well... like it was a texture being used on the wrong body. So... Do I need to purchase M5 for this texture to work, or is there something else I should be doing? I've included a picture showing what I'm talking about. Thanks for any advice, and have a good weekend!

problem.jpg
642 x 678 - 69K

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,870
    edited December 1969

Hrothmeir said:
    Hello, everyone. So, Aiden... Impulse purchased at a dollar. I don't have M5, but since I thought it was a Genesis variant, I got it anyway. Now, when I apply the Aiden texture to a genesis body, it comes out looking cut up, ill placed, and well... like it was a texture being used on the wrong body. So... Do I need to purchase M5 for this texture to work, or is there something else I should be doing? I've included a picture showing what I'm talking about. Thanks for any advice, and have a good weekend!

Looks like your UV mappings are wrong.

Select genesis and go to Surfaces tab, select UV Mapp M5, it's probably set to something else, I know that happens sometimes.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited June 2012

Totte's right...but in order to fix it, I'm pretty sure you'll need to buy M5 (otherwise selecting the M5 UV map won't be an option). Probably still a good $1 investment, if you're planning to get M5 eventually...and even if you aren't, the light preset included with Aiden is pretty good.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited December 1969

Yep. m5 uv texture sets require m5. Otherwise the m5 uv is not in the list.

• HrothmeirHrothmeir Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Cool, thanks!