It's Raining Men Again Contest -- Announcement about unclaimed Carrara Prize

KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
edited January 2017 in Carrara Discussion

I wanted to make sure everyone here knew about the It's Raining Men Again Contest.  I don't see very many of you guys over in the Commons or the Art Studio.  Diomede pops up in my thread once in awhile and I see wgdjohn in the Art Studio occasionally, but most of you seem to stay in the Carrara Discussion forum.  I'm really hoping to see some of you guys enter the It's Raining Men Again contest.  It would be nice to see Carrara used for some entries.  We have some great prizes, too.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,008

yep.. I did one in last years Raining Men... used the Dork lol

• I actually remember that image.  I wasn't familiar with that figure at the time.  :)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    edited November 2016

In addition to the main category, Carrara folks might be interested in the repurpose category.  The contest rewards people who take an item of clothing designed for the female figures and repurpose it for use with a male figure, or another creative way.  See Stezza's great render above.  Carrara is perfect for that.  As background, last year there was a lot of discussion in the forums about the ratio of content being made for female figures compared to male figures. There were several positive responses, one of which was the "Its Raining Men" challenge.  Kudos to Kittingmommy for being the energy behind this year's revival.

EDICT AS THIS MONTH'S CARRARA CHALLENGE TYRANT

The rules for Its Raining Men challenge permit participation in another Daz contest as long as it is posted to Its Raining Men first.  If Carrara people can comply with both, (timing could be an issue, and female figures may only be in supporting roles if appear in the image), then the render may also be submitted to this month's Carrara challenge.  Go forth and interact with the larger Daz community (and show them some Carrara hair).  Good folks out there.

The rules of this month's Carrara challenge have been edited to comform with this edict.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/123891/carrara-monthly-challenge-29-bad-timing-or-good-timing-anachronistic-wip-thread/p1

Post edited by Diomede on
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited November 2016

I had three entries in the last one - I don't think people liked mine much and I used up all my "good" ideas. wink

Here's mine from last time, all set up and rendered in Carrara.

"Blending In" used Michael 6, Lee 6 and Darius 6

"Rock On" used Atticus for Gianni 6 and Lorenzo Lorez

"Barrel of Michaels" used Michael 4

I'll try to come up with something, but I've been working on a mini-project in Blender that is taking up most of my free time. sad

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

does it have to be a daz male?

• @Diomede  Thank you for adjusting the rules to the Carrara challenge to allow entries to the Carrara challenge to be posted into the It's Raining Men Again first.  While I try to follow the wip threads to see what you guys are doing, I haven't paid attention to the rules yet because I'm nowhere near ready to enter a render.  I hope that means that even more of you might submit entries this year.  :)

@MDO2010  They may not have won, but I remember two of those pictures.  I loved the "Barrel of Michaels" a lot.  :)

@MistyMist  No, it doesn't have to be a DAZ male, just a humanoid type male.  I believe last year someone did a render with Dusk in it.  And, Stezza's Dork up there that he posted last year was a Poser model.  The only stipulations to models has been males with no female morphs.  Morphs that were designed to work with both figures the same are acceptable.  There are some morphs for feet and hands that have the same morphs for both figures.  When asked, I specified that those were allowed, but no morphs that were made only for the female body so no transferring to the male figure by using scripts like GenX.  This follows the rules as set in the original contest.  

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

I wanted to make sure everyone here knew about the It's Raining Men Again Contest.  I don't see very many of you guys over in the Commons or the Art Studio.  Diomede pops up in my thread once in awhile and I see wgdjohn in the Art Studio occasionally, but most of you seem to stay in the Carrara Discussion forum.  I'm really hoping to see some of you guys enter the It's Raining Men Again contest.  It would be nice to see Carrara used for some entries.  We have some great prizes, too.

Thanks for the info, yeah, I rarely, if ever step outside the Carrara forum. The generous deadline  might help kickstart my abondoned attempts  at modeling the figure.

• I've copied this from the official It's Raining Men Again Entry Thread for you Carrara users:

Contest update.  We've had a special donation added to the prize pool to try and entice some of you Carrara users.

Special Prize Incentive for Carrara Entries
    $10 GC from Wgdjohn will be added to the prizes of a winning placement in either category if that image was also setup and rendered in Carrara.  If there is more than one Carrara image in the winnings slots, the prize will go to the top ranking Carrara entry.

Basically, if one of the winning images was also setup and rendered in Carrara, the top winning image which was also done in Carrara will get an additional prize.  So, you Carrara users, please include your that you used Carrara somewhere in your entry post and also include a screenshot of your entry in Carrara.  If you used Carrara in an entry already posted, go back and open your scene file and get that screenshot and edit your post to include the screenshot.

A big thank you to Wgdjohn for the prize donation.

It would be really nice to see one of you guys in one of those winning spots at the end of this contest.  :)

That's very good of Wgdjohn to do that yes

will have to try and get something up and running.
    Thanks for the info @Knittingmommy 

• I'd really like to see a lot of Carrara renders enter the contest.  I've seen you guys pull off some really amazing renders while I've been lurking about.  :)

repurposed clothes?

so, dress him up in woman's clothes, but make him not look like he's wearing woman's clothes?  

head-scrch

In this pic from last year, Ulysses is escaping Calypso in a small boat using the goddess's panties as a sail.  wink

And here is a more traditional repurpose.  The disco outfit for this David 5 is actually a pantsuit designed for (V3, I think).

but, ... there are plenty of male pantsuits.

i wanted to dress him in lingerie, but doesnt seem to fit the theme.

wedding dress, high heels, 

Why not?

MistyMist said:

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,332
    diomede said:

Why not?

MistyMist said:

Yeah, Go for it!!!

9.  Re-Puposed Category - This category is to take an article of clothing NOT designed for the males and using it on or with the male figure in a new way.  This does not mean throwing the male into a dress and calling it done. 

>.<

i woulda put more work into it than just throwing on a dress. 

tee hee, remember Freak 4's ballerina tutu?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,332
    MistyMist said:

9.  Re-Puposed Category - This category is to take an article of clothing NOT designed for the males and using it on or with the male figure in a new way.  This does not mean throwing the male into a dress and calling it done. 

>.<

LOL! Yeah!

Here's a yobbo wink

• MistyMist said:

>.<

@MistyMist  This was part of the original rules from last year.  I think if you can put him in a dress and make it look like he actually belongs and can pull off the dress then that follows the rules of the contest.  However, just putting one of the guys in a dress with nothing obviously done to fit the dress so that it doesn't look like something a guy would wear then that would be bad.  I think, to actually sell the dress, your scene would have to match and make sense.  Just put some thought into it and I'm sure you can come up with some idea. The whole idea is that it should look like he belongs in the dress and not just playing dress up.

@Stezza  Nice image.  It made me smile when I saw it in the contest thread.

BTW, I loved that image of the Freak 4 in the tutu!  :)  I know of a really good image of an ogre in lingerie, too, that is absolutely spectacular, too.  :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Am going to try and put something together in Carrara.  I'm still working my way through a steep beginners learning curve lol.

edited December 2016

The Carrara entry thread is open.  Remember, can enter both this month's Carrara challenge and Its Raining Men as long as the image qualifies for both.

Carrara entry thread is here.   http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/130631/entry-thread-carrara-monthly-challenge-29-anachronism-incompatible-time#latest

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971
    edited December 2016

Posted mine over there, though I don't know if PhilW's Adrea hair is strictly female... some really nice work and friendly people!

Stezza... some things need to be 'unseen'......especially a naked Aussie yobbo with a cricket bat AND the ashes!  laugh heart Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on

If you are entering both the Carrara challenge and the Its Raining Men Challenge, try to remember to post to Its Raining Men first.  If you forget, just delete and repost your image here before the 10th. 

diomede said:

If you are entering both the Carrara challenge and the Its Raining Men Challenge, try to remember to post to Its Raining Men first.  If you forget, just delete and repost your image here before the 10th. 

Well, they were both posted on 5th December, here and at Raining Men... is that OK?  If not, you will have to remove my post in the Carrara ENTRY thread so I can repost anew, but then it will mess up the Entry numbers for Stezza who came after me, won't it?  

I'm confused dot com !! frown Silene

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,145
    SileneUK said:

don't know if PhilW's Adrea hair is strictly female...  laugh heart Silene

Adrea Hair can be used on pretty much any figure, since the hair is grown on a proxy head, so simply parent that to the head of any figure (male or female) and you are good to go!

PhilW said:
    SileneUK said:

don't know if PhilW's Adrea hair is strictly female...  laugh heart Silene

Adrea Hair can be used on pretty much any figure, since the hair is grown on a proxy head, so simply parent that to the head of any figure (male or female) and you are good to go!

Phil, that proxy head system is like sliced bread. I love it. Especially as the heads of my Neanderthals have that occipital bun (bulge) at the back for them to be correct and that was messing up other styles, or even when growing dynamic hair. The proxy head is better than a hair cap to be honest!  yes Silene

• SileneUK said:
    diomede said:

Well, they were both posted on 5th December, here and at Raining Men... is that OK?  If not, you will have to remove my post in the Carrara ENTRY thread so I can repost anew, but then it will mess up the Entry numbers for Stezza who came after me, won't it?  

I'm confused dot com !! frown Silene

No, don't worry about reposting.  You will be fine.  

edited December 2016

Just an FYI, you can swap out an image in one of your posts.  To do so, hover your cursor over the upper right corner of your old post and an asterix will appear.  Click the asterix and the option to edit the post will appear.  You can delete the attached file.  If you imbedded the picture in the text of the post, you can right-click on the image and use cut.  Then just use attach file to load your new image.

Thanks for the clarification and understanding, Knittingmommy.

Congrats to the winner in the Carrrara section... not sure who it was as I couldn't find it..

Great job though yes wink

whoever it was