Daz user takes Carrara plunge -- What should I know about using Genesis and G2 content?

2»

Comments

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

MW,  I share in your excitement about Carrara.  I've not yet designed any clothing but I'm confident that I could load in clothing from another character and refit it to a different character... I've seen other clothing folks have made and they have no porbelem at all in redesigning to fit. There is a great tutorial by Phil Wilkes mentioned in one of his tutorials, Carrara 8.5 Pro I believe... the one where he shows how to use 3DPainting... he give a dress a worn look and a very tattered hem.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Thanks for the info Mark,. :)

Carrara doesn't have that specific function,. but you can model clothing around a figure (like a manequin) then export that model to DS,. to add the rigging from Genesis 2, to make it into conforming clothing.

IDEA ..You could try to see if a scene from DS (with geoshells) opens into Carrara,.. and works. 

Carrara can do nifty things with instancing,. you can use Replicators, and Surface Replicators, to create millions of whatever's,. applied wherever you want.

also,. Welcome :)

Andy