Limited Time Freebies Discussion Thread

Comments

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,400

Faeryl Womyn said:

I would have grabbed them without the outfit, on the off chance I might end up with it someday. Don't have to download it till then so doesn't take any room on my computer.

hmm i do that occasionally if i quite ike the base outfit or if it's something of a type i don't have yet - like this one well, while it's quite unisex, it's similar to a few outfits i already own,  tho i must say i like that the waist is really low, something that is rather lacking in male pants. i might have grabbed the textures too in this case ^^... or maybe not, dunno..

• LOL don't you just hate that thing called memory, so unreliable...lol

edited September 2021

Faeryl Womyn said:

LOL don't you just hate that thing called memory, so unreliable...lol

grmmmbl.. say that again!

on the other hand... sometimes it's fun. like, when the postman rings, holding a parcel.. and you go "what? did i order something?" and it's a surprise when you open the box, yay, lmao, cuz you absolutely can't remember what it is, even you ordered it 3 days before XD.
    thing is, i'm not even that aged, so... the future might be thrilling - i hope i can still remember whose face it is when i have grey/white hair and look at myself in the mirror TT'

Post edited by manekiNeko on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,039

Or frustrating... like when you post something and then you look back a few pages earlier and then you realize you wrote the exact same thing a few days before...

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,039

Or it could sometimes be quite frustrating when you post some and then later notice you recently posted almost the same thi....  wait... this sounds familiar...

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,142

What have they done to the forum?  It's all tiny and compressed and the formattin is weird!

Dana

Never mind.  Must have been a ClodFlare.

Dana

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,820

Faeryl Womyn said:

LOL don't you just hate that thing called memory, so unreliable...lol

My brain doesn't do memories anymore, I just rely on my graphics card, 8GB ought to be enough.

• To help promote this years Halloween render contest, Daz3D is giving away this product for free.https://www.daz3d.com/survivor-for-genesis-3-male-s. Just use coupon code SPOOKY4U .yes

Chibimonchichi said:

To help promote this years Halloween render contest, Daz3D is giving away this product for free.https://www.daz3d.com/survivor-for-genesis-3-male-s. Just use coupon code SPOOKY4U .yes

so cool! i've been missing exactly that kind of outfit for ages, spent way too much time with meager results trying to "cut" pants by hiding thighs/shins/feet or with alphas and ripped textures - and yesterday i was working on a (creepy) scenen that needed exactly those shorts.. YAY! thank you daz!

Not free for me.  Not even in the cart.  No biggie.

Dana

• DanaTA said:

Dana

Even with the coupon code: SPOOKY4U?

zombietaggerung said:

DanaTA said:

Dana

Even with the coupon code: SPOOKY4U?

Didn't know we had to use a coupon for a freebie.  OK.

Dana 

Another generous selection! Thank you!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,508

A pretty stingy selction of biweekly freebies this time. A number of them are items that are permanent freebies. 

• Yeah, Looks like we finally got rid of the bus stop, only to be replaced by a crappy chicken. Wonders will never cease.

edited November 2021

BronzeDragon said:

Yeah, Looks like we finally got rid of the bus stop, only to be replaced by a crappy chicken. Wonders will never cease.

why did the chicken cross the road? to go to the bus stop!

and so hopefully chicken & bus will disappear far, far away, forever. one can dream...
    ah, wait - it's not the bus, but the entire bus stop that should go away. darn, it''s getting hard.

• "And in related news today, Shroedinger's Cat showed up at the neighborhood bus stop, and then vanished out of quantum existence, taking the bus stop and an innocent, passing chicken with him."

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

"And in related news today, Shroedinger's Cat showed up at the neighborhood bus stop, and then vanished out of quantum existence, taking the bus stop and an innocent, passing chicken with him."

wonderful news! as BronzeDragon said, wonders never cease! i always thought a quantum computer would be awesome. or not.

• ChibimonchichiChibimonchichi Posts: 161
    edited December 2021

Using coupon code HAPPYHOLIDAYZ gives you 20 dollars worth of free credit on select Daz Originals. So if you're able to find something less than 20 dollars, it'll be free!yes Oops. This is tied to your Loyalty Discount. So it may be more or less than 20 dollars. Still a nice deal though.yes

Post edited by Chibimonchichi on

So many freebies lately!

The PA XMas freebies... All the Discord ones and the HAPPYHOLIDAYZ code today...

and the biweekly selection is also really generous atm, although I had all of that already but I'm excited for those who didn't.

Thank you! heart

edited December 2021

yeah.. i find today's xmas freebie isn't so awesome - don't get me wrong, and no offence, i mean not the product itself, it's pretty cute and well done, per se a great product! - but the fact that it' a texture for something else that needs to be bought. also something toony, which isn't everyone's tatste (like, not mine).
    it's already annoying enough in the biweeklies when you get stuff that you can't use without the original that needs to be purchased, but in the xmas free dailies? just, NO. :(

EDIT: especially when it can't even be used as a "new release" to get the also free horror items of today - because it's not over 1$

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,098

manekiNeko said:

yeah.. i find today's xmas freebie isn't so awesome - don't get me wrong, and no offence, i mean not the product itself, it's pretty cute and well done, per se a great product! - but the fact that it' a texture for something else that needs to be bought. also something toony, which isn't everyone's tatste (like, not mine).
    it's already annoying enough in the biweeklies when you get stuff that you can't use without the original that needs to be purchased, but in the xmas free dailies? just, NO. :(

EDIT: especially when it can't even be used as a "new release" to get the also free horror items of today - because it's not over 1$

*Big Sigh* yep, first world problems! :D

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,122
    I think that Toon Bus was offered in those "DAZ+" for a Day sale, on at least two occasions. Might show up again. Only reason I didn't pick up the bus earlier was because I don't know if G8 would fit in it since it seems like it was designed for the standalone Toon Generations and other 3DUniverse toons. Or at least the other similar toon vehicles.
    edited December 2021

3WC said:

manekiNeko said:

*Big Sigh* yep, first world problems! :D

funny. i could almost laugh. i barely have enough to feed my cats and eat monthly without any luxury, this month i couldn't even pay the most basic bills like phone/electricity and i'm begging help organisations for support before the companies get annoyed and cut me off - cuz yeah, i can't work any more, not in the last 5 years. and since end of february 2020 right before the pandemic grew wild, i've spent the last 21 months of my life pretty much indoors or on solitary walks, cuz i'm scared *less of contagion and thus people. seen my parents twice in this time - outta the window as they brought stuff while passing by in the region.

luckily, i haven't been covid sick (yet), which isn't surprising as i even touch deliveries with gloves and avoid any human life, i wear mask/goggles/gloves in my staircase to get the mail 2-3x/week cuz of my ONE neighbor. but this bug has still made me paranoid forever, every human being is a source of danger for me from now on.
    and my house hasn't gone down in flames, or been torn apart by terrible storms, or been drowned. YET.
    and i don't live in a country where there is civil war or any war, nor under a dictatorial regime, nor are we starving to death around here.
    and i didn't lose family to covid (yet) cuz i only have my parents and they're vaxxed + careful, nor my job, cuz i have none.

that all above already is being very lucky, i agree. many many many people in the world, always but especially in the last 2 years, have sadly not been that lucky... i am sorry for them.

nonetheless... once i managed to feed us, fun-wise since man doesn't live from bread alone, this +10 y.o. laptop i'm typing on right now is my ONLY luxury, my cats are my only real joy. i have no present and even less a future. luckily, my health has made a positive turn last summer and i don't feel any more like i was +80 y.o and permanently sickish, that's a really big plus.

so if you have the impression that i'm a far too well-fed, wealthy condescending boho with sunshine shining you know where from, that has nothing better to do than complain for trivialities cuz in my life all is going far too well and i'm bored, wrong track buddy. those little freebies, miniature gifts that are pretty uch the only gifts i ever get, are often the only positive thing that happens to me in a day. it's sad, innit?

Heads up, the NFP bundle, which includes Daisy 8, goes free in the cart for Discord members!

Maybe I'm missing the obvious but I don't see this advertised anywhere, wouldn't have known if not for the notification thread.

• Well, I've tried twice for this new club crap (just to get the freebies, mind) but so far it won't work, even following the proceedure described. So that one is out of reach for me, and many others, I've heard. The PC club thing costs $$$ so that's out too. I'm old, 72, with heart and cancer problems. I live on Social Security and only able to buy things after Christmas or after my birthday, since I get some money for gifts. I have just two hobbies, this stuff and the other is genealogy. I have to make do with what I can find online for free since I can't affords the likes of Ancestry, or MyHeritage. Even with the senior AARP discounts, it's way out out of line.

DAZ is a big company, but I realize that it's the PA's that do the gifts, not DAZ. Why? You'd think DAZ could afford it themselves. All I know is that the freeebie else where is much much better today, $100 to $10 just for the one designated as Studio rather than Poser. Been that way all month. And today is even worse because I don't own the stupid damn bus that the gift requires. Well when Xmas is over and I get my Xmas money I'll remember where I was treated best, and do my shopping there. Just practical enconomics!

@BronzeDragon: Sorry to hear about your frustration. Were they not able to help you over at the NFP sign-up help thread? I had problems signing up as well but they were very helpful there.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/535326/discord-server-signup-and-coupon-questions-issues#latest

... however, since i'm not only a grumpy complainer as it seems in my 2 above posts, and wanna show that i CAN be grateful and happy, i really appreciate today's freebie, the MMX Face Paint Mini, thanx Mattymanx :D
    and also thank you to all PAs whose december gifts i really especially loved up to now:

- Creeping Ferns - Polypody (not a xmas freebie per se but a PC+ freebie, tho it GOT free for us all with yesterday's freebie in the cart, and i had already wishlisted it so i was very happy) => MartinJFrost
    - Flo 2 Makeup For G8M => AprilYSH
    - Fingerless Gloves for G8M => tentman
    - Crystal Cave (another free for all PC+ i had also wishlisted immediately) => FToRi & Sade
    - Cool Weather Booties for G8F => esha
    - Hair Flower for G8F => TwiztedMetal

edited December 2021

Another very generous bi-weekly selection. Thank you, DAZ!

What is everyone getting from the discord hair selection?
    I got Beulah Hair. It wasn't even on my radar but when I saw it this morning I immediately thought it's the perfect hair for a female fantasy knight or adventurer.
    Maybe I will post a render later.

Loving the Face Paint and Cyber Eyes XMas freebies!
    I can't quite make the latter work, though. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Admittedly I didn't try too hard, I'll give it another go later.

Post edited by Hylas on