Must I turn off the headlamp mode on the cameras?

Must I turn off the headlamp mode on the cameras before rendering?

Thanks!

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

If you don't add any 'photometric' lights to the scene to trigger the auto feature, then yes.

• Thanks mjc!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

The script that turns it off is only triggered by certain types of lights and things like mesh lights and HDRI lights don't trigger it.

• You can turn it off globally in Render Settings, no need to do it camera-by-camera

• Hi Richard! I have the "Auto Headlamp" option set in "never" but when I add a new camera I have to turn the headlamp off one by one. I turn off the headlamp from "Render settings -> Editor -> General -> Auto Headlamp -> Off. What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

The default setting for the headlamp in a newly created camera is Auto. That's the setting that the render panel will control (Auto Headlamp set to Never).

You want to avoid setting the headlamp in the camera panel to On. 

• Odd - for me a new camera is created with the Headlamp Mode set to Auto, which then obeys the option in Render Settings. Are you actually rendering and getting a headlamp from a new camera, or were you reading Auto as meaning the headlamp would be on regardless of the Render Settings if there were no lights?

• Chloe_MChloe_M Posts: 5

Richard Haseltine said:

Odd - for me a new camera is created with the Headlamp Mode set to Auto, which then obeys the option in Render Settings. Are you actually rendering and getting a headlamp from a new camera, or were you reading Auto as meaning the headlamp would be on regardless of the Render Settings if there were no lights?

So just weighing in here as I have same issue - I am on Daz Studio Pro 4.20.0.17 64bit
    I'm rendering a scene with what I guess is photometric light or whatever it is called.

In the render menu I have auto headlight to never

But when I go to render on a new camera the headlight is added regardless unless I go to the individual camera and set headlamp mode to never, if it is on auto there then a headlamp will still be added in the actual render (and the iray preview) even with the Auto Headlamp in the render menu set to never (but oddly enough if this is on auto and with the render option to never, it won't add the headlamp from all angles, on certain camera angles will add a headlamp while others wont lol it is super bizarre, I guess only on angles it deems too dark and it triggers the auto camera headlamp? No idea)

• Please attach your images - the forum does not support pasting them into the text box directly.