Creating Morphs using 3D Objects?

Jay VersluisJay Versluis Posts: 249
edited August 2016 in Carrara Discussion

Here's a question for Carrara experts:

I was looking through the store the other day and found an intrigueing plugin for DAZ Studio by Sim Tenero, called the Shape Reprojector: http://www.daz3d.com/simtenero-shape-reprojector

I haven't bought it, but apparently it lets us create morphs by using other objects, rather than pushing vertices around. Knowing what a verstaile application Carrara is, I was wondering if we have something like that built in already, or if there is a similar plugin available for Carrara. I know we can create morphs the usual way, but hadn't seen an option to select another object to do so.

Post edited by Jay Versluis on

Comments

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited August 2016

My Nopokethrough plugin could do some of if, with a little tweaking.

Headwax used it to morph clothes directly into characters.

My plan is to release it (including mac version) during september.

Post edited by Philemo_Carrara on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

Thanks Philemo, great news! , !

• Ooooooh, what a nifty little tool - it'll sure come in handy. Is the beta still available for me to test it? 

Thank you so much for the tip!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135

Will this work on custom Carrara-rigged figures?  Or, is designed for Poser/Daz rigging? Or, does the rigging not matter? In any case, great news.  Will have to watch my budget until it comes out.

Thanks for your support of Carrara.

Philemo said:

My Nopokethrough plugin could do some of if, with a little tweaking.

Headwax used it to morph clothes directly into characters.

My plan is to release it (including mac version) during september.

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited August 2016
    diomede said:

Will this work on custom Carrara-rigged figures?  Or, is designed for Poser/Daz rigging? Or, does the rigging not matter? In any case, great news.  Will have to watch my budget until it comes out.

Thanks for your support of Carrara.

It works on any vertex object (including Carrara rigged figures). It's just the export as CR2 or DUF file which will be specific to Poser/Daz rigging.

I'm back on Carrara after an experience on Studio (the VWD bridge for Studio) and I'm very happy to be back. For those who think Carrara SDK is a mess, a solid try in Studio SDK gives a view of what could be a real mess. I've been spending a lot of time correcting bugs that where due to the fact that API's didn't work as advertized (at least not every time, which is worst). I don't regret it because the money from the sale allowed me to buy a second hand mac book, but it will take some time before I go back there.

@Jay Versluis  Sorry to hijack your thread

Post edited by Philemo_Carrara on
  • Philemo said:
    diomede said:
    @Jay Versluis  Sorry to hijack your thread

@Philemo Anytime ;-)